• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 03:12:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 212
Total: 212

Cloudy Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, May 03, 2023, 05:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I had some early appointments yesterday and the day quickly got away from me. I am posting early before today gets away from me as well.

It is cloudy here and we will only get to a high temp of 55 degrees. We also have a 80% chance of rain later this morning. Early last month we hardly had any rain and even hit 90 degree temps on a couple of days. This month is off to a rocky start.

Water changes are the main thing on the agenda today. I've been trying to save Wednesdays as the day I spend all day in the fish room. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way but today it looks like it will. I think that because it's going to rain all morning has a lot to do with that. ;)

I wish you all a great day and I will check in a little later to see what you all are up too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning Willie and Mug Clubbers!...

WCW -Water Change Wednesday- that's what you've got going on today, Willie!...

Are you feeling any better today, Liz?...got your clothes folded a put away yet?...

I'm not sure why I ordered in a few extra sponge filters recently, but it was a good thing...yesterday one of the couples in our club needed some right away, so I had them available for them to pickup here...

My shrimp population is depleted...I'll get more from Mike this weekend...I keep Bloody Mary, orange, yellow, blue, and amanos around all the time...ppl love those colors...and I also have a skittles/culls tank...

I'm going to give my shell dwellers presentation to the club this Sunday...I need to go over it today or sometime before then...

That's all for now...got a fellow coming to pick up fish I need to bag...I put them in a bucket with an airstone last night...

Good day, all!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  Ron, I always feel better after 12 hrs on my back in bed.  I've got to bag and ship 2 boxes today so we'll see how I feel later this afternoon.  5 months ago the pain doctor doubled my Tramadol dose.  It made things tolerable for me until this month.  I go again on June 1st and will ask for a more powerful narcotic.

I took the babies for a run this morning and then scooted out to the garden just to admire my handiwork.  If Lowell calls me back with Big Head's bloodwork results I'll let y'all know what it says about his physical condition.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi friends!  Been a sunny but very windy day today.  In case I forgot to tell you, I am no lover of strong wind.  Mild is fine, but too much is not for me.  I walked with my group today in high wind again, not my cup o tea.  But yesterday afternoon I did go play my first game of Pickleball, during high wind.  At least I didn't get hot, it is way more strenuous than I expected. And the wind kept blowing the ball out of bounds since the ball is so light.  It is like a wiffleball.  But I think I can play a couple hrs one day a week, until summer gets here.  I definitely could not play in this heat and humidity. 

Today is WC day for me too, off to do that now.  I can't believe how much my 13 Discus poop!  After a WC they do a lot of it.  Wish I could get them to do it first.  You all notice this too?  Have a good evening,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Every Discus keeper goes thorough this.  It's like the good fresh water acts like a laxative huh

wsantia1

Barb I just started to notice extra poop after the water changes. I usually clean it up before I shut the fishroom down for the night.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Your fish are luckier than mine, Ron.  Mine have to swim around with their own shit on the bottom until next WC.

I heard back from Lowell.  Overall his blood work would be what you would expect of an old dog.  He kidneys and liver were fine and Lowell said he had a good heart when he was here.  Big Head was low on glucose which is strange.  His thyroid function is borderline but he doesn't need supplementation.  Tomorrow I have to go to Ellisville for Styrofoam.  That, combined with normal chores will be enough for me.  I'll drive to Hattiesburg Friday and pick up a month's worth of steroids for him, then Lowell will come back and we'll check again.