• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 01:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 171
Total: 171

Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, May 02, 2023, 03:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Even though I went to bed right after WC yesterday at 6:30 my back is still bad today.  My large animal vet came back to take more blood from old Big Head.  Dang that dog has tiny little veins.  Even with the hair shaved he had a hard time finding a vein.  We ended up having to use the jugular.  He got more than what he needed...finally.  Dr. Lowell and I are old friends so we sat around for a little while after we did the job and shot the shit.  Mostly we told one another about all the stuff we have wrong with us.  He told me a cute story about taking an X Ray of his back and later having one of the small animal vets look at it.  She didn't know that it was his and asked if he was planning on putting the poor thing out of it's misery, lol.  He has shrunk 1" and I have shrunk 2 1/2.  We also talked about animals that needed to be put down.  He told me the story about a woman who is a back yard dog breeder who asked him if he could shoot her dogs that were too old or otherwise impossible to be placed in new homes.  He couldn't do it but she found a vet who would.  He shot 10 dogs one after another.  I can't imagine...

All I've done today was a load of laundry that I hung on the pasture fence do dry and brought back inside.  No folding and no putting away.  I have a nice pile of clean laundry needing folding and putting away.  I'm about to take a lie down before WC.  Then I'll get my poor hurting body in a hot tub and then crawl into bed where I get a decent amount of relief.
Always move forward. Never look back.