• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:54:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118

Magnificent Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, March 23, 2023, 01:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's sunny and 84 here.  I planted the veggies I bought yesterday and turned the sprinkler on for a few hrs.  The sprinkler worked but it has a crack in the rotating arm that leaks.  I need a to replace that old cheap hose that's gotten stiff.  I'll be spending way more on growing this garden than I will get back in food, but growing veggies is so much fun that it doesn't matter.

That's all I've gotten done today but I don't care because I'm busy being in love with this beautiful day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. Liz, I am so glad for you that you are having such a great day. My day got started with a dental appointment. It was only for a cleaning but just the thought of going to the dentist pushes my stress levels higher.

It has been raining all day so far but it looks like it is about to stop. That stoppage will only be for a short while because the rain is supposed to restart this evening. It is currently 58 degrees but we will hit a high of 71 later this evening.

Because of the dental appointment I did get a late start on my discus tank maintenance but I am happy to report that the water changes and tank wipe downs have been completed so I am still perfect when it comes to their maintenance.

I did remove the gold rams from the discus tank because I felt like they were harassing the Discus and that is unacceptable. I'll find something more peaceful to put in with them.

That's it for me right now. Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Give them a few Bristle Nose, Willie.  They will cut your wipedowns.  They do shit a lot, but since I vacuum the bottom every day it doesn't matter.  I'll send you some young Albinos for free if you want them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 23, 2023, 02:21:28 PM
Give them a few Bristle Nose, Willie.  They will cut your wipedowns.  They do shit a lot, but since I vacuum the bottom every day it doesn't matter.  I'll send you some young Albinos for free if you want them.

Thanks Liz. I'll gladly take some ABN's. Let me know how much for postage and I'll paypal it too you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, it is a nice day here too, up to 82 this afternoon.  Just two days ago was the 27 overnight that killed all the new growth on so many plants in my yard.  Liz I know what you mean about the garden veg. costing more to set up and care for than they are worth.  I will plant just a few tomatoes this year, in my compost pile, where they do so well.  Willie, sounds like perfect Discus care you are doing!  Pic of them one of these days?  Mine are doing well and getting big, but still have a few little ones that refuse to grow, even though they eat well.  Are all yours growing at the same rate?

Here is a coincidence, I owe the IRS almost exactly what my dental crown will cost, and both at the same time.  Only $5 difference in them!  Plus several other big expenses about then too.  Never happened like this before.  Oh well, when it rains it pours, or something like that.  See you all tomorrow,
Barb

Ron Sower

Good afternoon!

I've had a better day today since I got 8 hours of sleep. Met up with Mike to give him plants and for him to give me fish. Then on my way home I stopped at my maintenance customer's office and did a wipe down and WC in her 65g. From there it was a gas fill up at Costco, then on to home to acclimate the fish I got.

Not much else going on here.

Time has passed...I started this post around 2pm...just now getting back to it...

Every thursday we have a food truck come to the community. Today it was our favorite one. Meatballs and spaghetti that we were going to have tonight will just have to wait til tomorrow night! We opted for delicious street tacos! |eat| |eat| |eat|

Fish are acclimated and in their tanks now. My tummy's full, and I'm gonna watch some basketball!

Good evening you guys!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron