• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:29:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Sunday - The Last Day of Winter

Started by wsantia1, March 19, 2023, 07:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Today is the official last day of Winter and it is colder than most of the days we've had this Winter season. We will see a warmup later in the week but for today we are currently at 30 degrees (the feels like temp is 18) and going up to high temp of 43F with winds gusting up to 30 mph. At least the sun will be out all day.

Another quiet day at home with fishroom work the only thing on my agenda. I do have to go to the grocery store later on but that will be after I do my normal 50 - 60 % water change on the discus tank. I've been feeding these guys 3 to 4 times a day with a variety of food but I need to order some of the freeze dried black worms from Al at Simply. I brought some for my Altums a while back and they loved them.

Barb and Liz I hope you two ladies are feeling better today and Ron, hopefully your trip to Tacoma is going well. I hope everyone is feeling great and looking forward to Spring. I surely am. Have a great day everyone and I'll be sure to check up on you all later today.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm back to normal, Willie.  I hope that Barb is as well.

I missed posting yesterday because I was so lazy that I only left the warm fish room to make Ginger Chicken with Jasmine rice.  It was excellent, and I have left overs for today.

My only job today is to make Crawfish Etouffee.  I'll make it up to the point where it calls to add the crawfish.  I will have left overs for the freezer.  If the crawfish cook for over 5 minutes so it has to be added after the sauce is already simmering.  That's true of shrimp as well.

I sold 2 pairs of Rams on AB just now.   I have a guy in Guam who needs a shipping quote but UPS "Cost and Time" has been down.

Ive also have a couple of others by email or as a PM on Simply.  All this interest after a whole week of waiting puts me in a happy mood.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good afternoon Willie and Liz, cool but sunny here so a pretty good last day of Winter.  Now I just hope for a long Spring before the big heat and humidity arrive.  So much to do outside but I can't right now.  Today I feel a bit better, but a nagging dry cough is with me for a couple days or more.  Flu and cold #1 had no cough, but cold #2 sure does.  All different viruses I suppose.
Barb