• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

Welcome to Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, March 15, 2023, 05:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a rough day for me with pain all over my body starting with my foot and ankle in the morning and later in the day spreading to my back and neck. I woke up this morning feeling the same way but after moving around, taking my pain pills and washing them down with black coffee I feel well enough to get my butt moving and getting on with my chores.

It will be another cold and windy day here but at least we missed out on that snow storm that really hit the northeast hard. Spring begins in another week but you would think that it is the beginning of winter. It is currently 34 degrees and we will get up to high of 50 this afternoon and will be partly cloudy . The real problem will be the winds gusting up to 35 mph. They were gusting up to 50 mph yesterday.

Today is all tank maintenance day. It seems I that I have been super focused on the discus tank and it is doing fine, but today all of my tanks will get some love. Don't get me wrong, I've been taking care of all of the fish I'm just being extremely focused on the Discus because they are the new show in town and I want to do well with them.

That's all frpm me for now. I wish you all a great day and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, sorry to hear about all the pain you have going on. Hope it will soon pass.  Yes, it is cold here too!  29 overnight and only 30 now.  Slight wind which makes it even colder.  I guess all my early leafing plants in the yard are full of dead leaves now.  Happened just like this last year too.  We shall remember these cold days when it is 95 and humid this summer, right?

You are right to concentrate on the discus tank, the growing babies need all that care, but as they get full grown you can lessen all the daily water changes and many feedings.  I do every other day now, and feed 3 times a day. 

Hope you all have a good day ahead!
Barb

Ron Sower

Yes, here we are again on hump day!...

It is raining and 62 right now...a miserable day for being outside, which is why I won't be going outside... ;D. Well, I guess I will be going out, because we're going to a Rolling Stones tribute band concert tonight...the last one we went to was CCR...I hope this band is as good as they were...

I should be receiving my plant order in the next hour and I'll be processing them...then a fellow is coming around 1:30 to buy some...Lucy is getting her nails done soon and helping a friend make a card this afternoon...

That's about it for now... guess I'll sign off and wish you a happy aquariuming day...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Well I am finished all of my water changes but not before I too my eye off of my water hose and caused a big flood.

It all happened because I got a call about a friend that passed away over the weekend and I totally forgot that I was filling up a 10 gallon tank.

In another minute or two I would have had a disaster on my hands. I got everything cleaned up now but I should have finished this WC 2 hours ago. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 15, 2023, 11:53:43 AM
  we're going to a Rolling Stones tribute band concert tonight

How was the concert,what's the name of the band?
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Ron Sower

Quote from: ghonk on March 15, 2023, 11:14:26 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on March 15, 2023, 11:53:43 AM
  we're going to a Rolling Stones tribute band concert tonight

How was the concert,what's the name of the band?
...it was good. The band is Mick Adams & The Stones. His voice was not as close to Mick Jaggers as the other guy was to John Fogarty...these bands come to the are during the winter while the population of snowbirds is here...
Tonight we're going to a Jimmy Buffet tribute...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron