• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:44:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

Better than Sunday Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, March 13, 2023, 03:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's long pants and jacket weather but the sun is out.  The rain yesterday helped me with my veggie/herb planting today.  I got 70 (yes 70!) baby Vidalia onions and gave the 20 or so that I had left to Judy.  I also found a place for a parsley plant and a rosemary.  I haven't had much look with rosemary.  My last 2 up and died on me. 

I shipped of a box of fish, made and ate a good meal.  Now it's nap time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. It's been a cold and drizzly day here. No steady rain just enough to be annoying. We are at our hi temp of 44 degrees at the moment. The good news is the the snow storm that is headed this way is supposed to miss us and hit just north and west of us.

I was out running errands most of the morning including going to the vet to pick up some anti-inflammatory meds for Kobe for his rear right leg. The poor guy seems to come down with something every time I turn around. It looks like he can't even jump on the furniture anymore so he might have hurt it on a failed attempt. Hell I can't do a lot of things anymore either.

The discus are doing well so far and today they started to accept my presence in front of the tank. It started with a couple of them refusing to hide when I approached the tank this morning and by this afternoon they all out in front looking at me. They are getting their cues from the Rams that always greedily approach me.

That's about it for me today. Have a great evening everyone. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning everyone!... How are you today...?

Temp here will be in the upper 70s - low 80s today with clear skies...tomorrow a temp drop and maybe rain here and snow in the men's again...the lakes and rivers are getting some melt off now..

This week may turn out like I thought last week would but didn't...not much planned...last week got really busy...I hope this week stays relaxed...Friday we'll be flying to Tacoma to see our daughter's and granddaughter's families and coming home Tuesday... it'll be cold and rainy, but it's time to see them again...

Looks like you're on your way to having fresh veggies and herbs again this year, Liz! |eat| ...

Yesterday I had an AC guy come look at out unit...it was way low on refrigerant, which is why it was run unit forever to bring to house temps up or down...like 3-4 hours to raise or lower temps 4 degrees...now it's a lot quicker...last week I had another guy look at it and he said things were fine, that there was a tiny leak somewhere and he could come back in the spring and charge it...(so meanwhile what the heck am I supposed to do?...let it continue to run up my electric bill?

The realization that I can't do things I used to do anymore has hit me too, Willie...I hate it!...but am starting to accept it... :'(

Sunday we started and yesterday we finished hanging our newest Hawaiian pics on the second wall in our game room...it was a job!...I gotta fill a few holes in the wall from previous wall hangings...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Here's the "original" Hawaiian wall...sorry, the pic is out of focus...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron darlin' today's Tuesday.  I think we all have screwed up on what day it is.  All of us know that we can't do the fun stuff that we used to be able to do.  It's a shame, but it is what it is.  We cannot get younger no matter how hard we try.
Always move forward. Never look back.