• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 151
Total: 151

Remembering Mugwump

Started by wsantia1, March 22, 2023, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Today is the third anniversary of Jon crossing over to the other side. Jon was a great mentor to me and others in the betterment of this hobby that we all love and for that I am very grateful. May Jon continue to "Rest In Peace".

It is Hump day once again and on the second full day of spring and we are currently at 39 degrees to start the day. It will be mostly sunny with the temps climbing to a high of 64F this afternoon. It sounds like a good day for me to get out and do some yard stuff. I need to get rid of some dead leaves stuck in some bushes and maybe even cut back some of those same bushes.

I was supposed to be removing some of those knock out rose bushes that I have in the front yard but I never did it in the fall like I was supposed to and now it is too big of a job for me without hurting myself so I will probably just leave them alone.

One thing is for sure, I will definitely be getting to my water changes that I didn't do yesterday. I did the discus tank but not anything else. I need to fix that issue before I do anything today.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning, Willie!...I just finished catching up the past couple days of posts...

We had a good time I Tacoma...families are doing well and it was good to see them...there were actually 2 nice sunny days there, but cool the whole time...our daughter keeps her house cool and my feet were cold the whole time I was there....

So, we came home last night and this morning it's raining and 54 degrees out there... |brr| ...

I'll be busy today with a box of plants that should arrive around 10:30am and picking/packing/shipping orders...and I'll need to contact a few ppl that were interested in picking up fish from me...

While we were in flight last night, bingo paid out a $1000 jackpot and a $741 jackpot!...some big winners last night..., |^|

Guess I'd better get moving...happy aquariuming you guys and gals...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Mug's death was like being blindsided.  It was hard, but we 3 sometimes 4 sometimes as many as 5, did the right thing by keeping this forum going.  Thank you Dennis.  If you didn't do it for us we would couldn't even set up our own forum.  Even then, it wouldn't be the same.  It wouldn't be Mugwump's forum.

Good for you, Willie, for taking proper care of your Discus.  I remember only 3 times that I've missed doing WC on my Discus.   I had pneumonia once and missed a day, when I was sick from my Covid shots I missed one, and once I was in the hospital!  I hope you're not hauling buckets.

Good to have you back home, Ron and glad you had a good time.  To bad you froze to death   Some folks like it to be almost as cold as a refrigerator.  I'm glad that the people I visit keep their houses acceptably comfortable.

Spring is here for sure now (I hope).  I have planting fever.  After I sent off a box of fish, I drove to Ellisville to the feed store to see what veggies  they had.  I bought a Celebrity 'mater, a 6 pack of squash and a 6 pack of Jalapenos.  I'll give most of the 6 packs of each to Shawn and April.  Thankfully my Celebrity 'mater was in a pot of it's own.  I should have  bought 2.  They had no Poblano peppers.  Maybe I'll find one at the Petal feed store.  It's time for a nap right now, but may be after water change at 4 I'll feel well enough to get stuff planted.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, yes that was a real shock to hear Jon had passed.  I still remember that day.  Wonder how his wife Jan is doing?  Little did I know that day that I would join her status not too long aferward.  Thank you Dennis for keeping the forum alive and well for all of us. 

It is gray but not too cool here today, but no way time to plant what Liz is ready to plant.  There could yet be more frost here, for 2-3 weeks more Liz I will send you a new "Ear" one of these days.  I have several I saved indoors over the winter.

Ron, I could have used that Bingo win, I had my taxes done today and I owe.  I don't declare any deductions so it is expected. But not fun.  Willie, those Knockout Roses get gigantic here, I only have the dwarf ones called Drift Roses.  Only get about 3-4 feet wide and tall.  Ron, warm up those feet!  See you all tomorrow,
Barb