• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 169
Total: 170

Daylight Savings Sunday

Started by wsantia1, March 12, 2023, 10:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Welcome to Daylight Savings time (except Ron). It is cold here with my wakeup temp at 29 degrees. At least the sun is out and we are supposed to get up to a high temp of 46 degrees. Currently it is 39 degrees with absolutely no wind.

I just got finished doing some water changes. Now that I have to do WC everyday on the Discus tank I find it easier do so another tank or 2 while I am doing the Discus. The result is actually more water changes for the other tanks and less wear and tear on my body by doing a few tanks everyday as opposed to doing 20 tanks at one time once a week.

I don't know if anyone out there is still using the Hot Mag 250s but I am having trouble finding micron filter cartridges for them. I bought them in bulk in the past but when I tried to reorder some more I saw that they were discontinued. WTF. It seems like Marineland is trying to force people into buying new filters by discontinuing parts needed to run perfectly good filters. I have 5 Hot Mag 250s that will soon be useless unless I can find the filter cartridges.

Anyway that all I have for now. Have a great day and I'll check in on you later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 12, 2023, 11:34:42 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204270690485?hash=item2f8f7b60b5:g:rmEAAOSwz19kC-nz

Thanks Liz. I sent a message to the seller questioning the need for Fedex delivery @$39.00 I think USPS will do just fine
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello friends!...

I thought this past week was going to be more relaxing...it wasn't!... :-\ However I did manage to fall asleep twice in a couple afternoons when I laid down to ease my back for a couple minutes...I seldom can fall asleep during the daytime...

Since increasing the ads that Hieu is doing on Etsy, we're back up to over 50 orders per week...20-30 on Wednesdays and Fridays...at the end of February I told him I was doing too much these days and was going to figure out how to slow some things down...he doesn't seem too concerned if I quit the business, but more concerned about my health...nice kid...we like him....their baby is due anytime now!!! :D I just got a text with pic...the little boy arrived last night!!! Now their life is changed forever!!!

It's 71 now and should get on up to 76 this afternoon...we had an outdoor event yesterday in our community...a patio crawl...kinda like a poker run...we were "hosts" and served frozen pina colada and lemonade with vodka treats to the ppl that came by...about 100...there were 188 that signed up for the event...then we had a shared dish dinner with a solo singer with his guitar and backup music equipment...good times!!  We left before it was over because my back, neck and hip were hurting pretty badly...

Linda is preparing for a special card class tomorrow...a friends family with grandkids asked for a class just for them while they were here on spring break...how cool is that?...

I think we're going to hang some pics on a wall in our game room today...it will be ou 2nd "Hawaii" wall in there...whenever we go there we bring back something for the walls...I'll try to get a pic of them when we're through...

Okay, I've finished writing my book here, so I'll wish you all a very good day!...and happy aquariuming.. |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'd planned to put my Vidala onions parsley and rosemary plants in the ground.  Unfortunately it rained all day.  I won't complain.  I can plant my stuff tomorrow, and the rain will make the soil even easier to work.
Always move forward. Never look back.