• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 166
Total: 167

Saturday Stuff

Started by Barb, March 11, 2023, 05:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, I missed the last couple days here but did read your posts.  I am still feeling unwell, a bad head cold, but at least it isn't Covid.  I guess my resistance was low after the flu, then 5 days later this cold jumped on me.  Hoping to be well in a couple more days if I am lucky.  Tomorrow I go to the aquarium at the beach, where I worked every Wed. for 8 years, and am going back.  This time I will work 6 hrs. once a month, either Sat or Sun.  Since we moved 8 years ago, it is an extra 28 miles to do my volunteer job.  Total of 100 round trip, so I am only going to do it once a month.  Will let you know later where they have me work.  I used to work with the Stingrays and Invert Tank, showing and telling the visitors about them.

It is still cool at night here but warming up in afternoon. Liz, that is a great idea about using the cardboard and cutting holes in it!  I never thought of that way.  It will work.  Diane and Matt are getting chickens soon.  Her pains are better but must have one or more broken ribs from her fall.

Wilie, welcome to the Discus world!  I know you will love them and are already giving them the good care they need.  I have all mine in a 75 gal. and do a 80-90% WC every other day. Ron, you must be so busy sending out all those plant orders, plus caring for them there at home before they go out.  You are one very busy "retired" man!
Barb

BallAquatics

Good morning Barb and everyone else when they arrive!

Our weather has went back to more "normal" for this time of the year.  High 40's low 50's, not much green, still looks pretty dreary.

I'll probably get some seeds started over the weekend....  just 6 weeks until the last frost date here!

At any rate, hope you all have big plans for the weekend, and those that are ailing, hope you are feeling better soon.  My luck has also ran out as my head is quite plugged up.  Lol

Cheers - Dennis

wsantia1

Good morning Barb, Dennis and everyone. That storm that was supposed to hit us overnight with rain and snow missed us totally and is now in the Atlantic ocean. I use Weather Underground and they are still calling for a 60% chance of precip but their own map has us clear. Either way we are currently at 39 degrees and getting up to a high temp of 46F.

I have a HOA meeting to go to at noon but first I have to go to the vet to pick up some anti-inflammatory meds for Kobe because he is now hurting in his right rear leg. He walks on it but I can see that he is favoring it. He probably hurt it jumping on or off of something. Growing old is really frustrating for him.   

Everything is good in the fishroom and water changes are on the agenda for only two tanks today. Other than that I will be relaxing most of the day.

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Today has been a great day.  Nothing really special, but I went to the feed store to pick up a red pepper and ginger.  I had all the other ingredients on hand.  I guess I have a better than average pantry of Chinese ingredients.

I bought a parsley plant at the feed store.  That made me happy.  I've been looking around for a thyme plant, but no luck on that yet.  I didn't score any cardboard.  Ellisville is so small that I know where the dumpsters are, but I shopped at the supermarket closest to the feed store and I don't know their dumpster hiding places;

Then I visited a neighbor kind of family member and showed me some great pictures of her time spent with her brother out of State.  They went to an orchid place an grew the most incredible orchids.  Her pics knocked my socks off. 

See you tomorrow folks. 
Always move forward. Never look back.