• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 161
Total: 162

Beautiful Sunday

Started by wsantia1, March 05, 2023, 09:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is really nice outside with the current temp at 50 degrees and getting up to a high temp of 58F. What makes this day so nice is that we have zero to light winds and the sun will be out all day. So will the people.

I am in the fishroom this morning and the discus are fine along with my other fish. I have some healthy gold rams and I plan will introduce a few to the discus tank as dither fish. Like the discus they like the warmer temps also. The current temp in that tank is 86.7 degrees.

I must say that I have some excitement in the fish room once again. I still have Angels (including Altums) and snots, but I also have Rams, Endlers, Guppies, Cories and African Cichlids from Lake Victoria. Lots of diversity going on here and that is heating up my juices. Oh I forget that I now am doing Discus too.  ;D

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, after the Discus start eating well you can turn the temp down to 82.  It'll save you some on the electric bill.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2023, 10:20:11 AM
Willie, after the Discus start eating well you can turn the temp down to 82.  It'll save you some on the electric bill.

Thanks for that info Liz. I'll be asking for more advice as I go along. They are out of hiding now and have nibbled at some food. For now I have their tank dark. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's a beautiful day here, too.  It started out a cold 45 but will be 80 later in the day.

I did some tidying up, put single servings of Red beans with Cajun sausage in the freezer, sprayed roundup in the veggie garden, and put down more cardboard mulch.  I'll have to make a beer run after 1.  I'm lucky that Ellisville finally let us have beer.  I used to have to drive to Laurel for it!  But first, lunch.  I'm hungry.

Barb

Hi everybody, I am all well now, and just got home from spending the weekend with my kids, had a wonderful time.  But when I got home my daughter Diane wrote and called me to say she had had a bad fall outside, in their woods, and  is beat up all over her body.  Cuts scrapes sprains, her whole body hurts she says, even back and neck. She tripped over a fallen tree or big root and fell into a gravel road from the woods.  And also ruined her $1000 phone and her new smartwatch she just got. 

Willie, welcome to the discus world!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, I'm glad to hear that you are well.  From what I understand, the flu is a bitch.  Sorry about poor Diane.  I hope she bought insurance on the phone and gets it from work for herself.  And she will insist on no narcotics.  Poor thing.  I would be in bed 24/7 if not for Tramadol.

Speaking of drugs and pain.  Today was pain doctor day for me.  I had to go without every pain med of every class since 1 am. when I gulped down my "sleep painlessly, wake without pain dose).  My appointment was at 1 pm.  I haven't accomplished to day that wasn't in some way about pain.  I don't like, but can handle fire ants,  but it's not like I don't know what pain is like.  It was a nice visit as always.  They don't prescribe Medical Marijuana.  I figured as much, but I'd rather go with out for 1 month out of 3 than switch pain Doctors.  I asked if the reason that my abscessed teeth didn't give me pain because of the Tramadol.  She said could be which is not an answer.  I guess there's no way to know for sure.  If so, it is more powerful than I thought.  Or I might be like Willie and do better on Tramadol than the heavy narcotics.  Who knows.

There is a shortage of some narcotics.  I learned about it on public radio.  It appears to be so.  Humana was out of it for a day 3 months ago.  My new Pharmacy had 5 days worth morning.  I think they're rationing.  The rest will be in tomorrow.

Now that I'm home, all I've done is chill with a beer and a pipeful.  I feel so much better now.

Willie, when you join Simply let me know here  what your user name is and I'll look for you.  I'm sure that Barb will agree, if you want to raise young Discus into big discus you need them more than we need you if you want to succeed.  Besides we love having new Discus keepers show up.