• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:54:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120

TGIF Again

Started by wsantia1, March 03, 2023, 04:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning friends. Another early day for me but that's ok as long as I get my required 7 hours of sleep I am good. Good coffee at this time also helps. mim

It is currently cloudy and cold at 39 degrees as we prepare for a day of showers in the morning changing to a steady rainfall this afternoon and evening.  That rain will also be accompanied by some gusting winds of over 30MPH. Our high temp will be only 45 degrees so it will be a mostly lousy day.

I really don't need anything so I can stay in the house most of the day and relax but as usual I will make myself busy in the fish room.

Tomorrow I will be visiting Hans and while I have no intention of buying Discus, I will set up one of my empty 40 breeders just in case. Again, I have no intentions if buying any Discus.

I'm wishing you all a great day and I'll check in with you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Please buy some Discus.  Barb and I and even Ron can help you with them.  In fact, you're the only one of us who is Discusless.  They require lots of WC, but it's not hard if you have your WC system set up right.  Hauling buckets doesn't work for anyone but Superman.

It's cooler here today, in the mid 70's, but we sure do have a lot of wind.  Earlier they said that we'd have some rain, but now none is expected.  Sun and wind, which I don't mind, but I sure was hoping for a bit of rain. 

I've got a pot of Red Beans and Rice cooking.  Later I'll do a little house cleaning.  Nothing interesting going on at all, but it's enjoyable.  I'll pop in later to see what's happening with Ron and Barb.  I'm sure that Ron is either getting in or selling plants.  Barb is still recovering but I hope she's close to over it.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 03, 2023, 10:33:41 AM

Please buy some Discus.  Barb and I and even Ron can help you with them.  In fact, you're the only one of us who is Discusless.  They require lots of WC, but it's not hard if you have your WC system set up right. 

Liz, you, Barb and Ron may have convinced me. I guess if I see something I like I may have to get some. Is there a minimum number I should have in a tank? I'll probably need to spend more time on Simply if I do get some.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Yes, the minimum is 6.  8 is better.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good morning...

Just a quick post today because I go to pick up Gary Lange at the airport in an hour and I'll have him with me all day...lunch with members, visit our largest LFS, and shared dish special bonus meeting tonight...

Tomorrow is only the afternoon general club meeting...

Yes, Willie...get you some discus...

I'll catch up here when the weekend blows over....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron