• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 02:02:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 96
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

Friday, another day in the 80's

Started by LizStreithorst, February 24, 2023, 05:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi, Friends.  Another great day here today.  I haven't broken down and turned on the AC yet, but I sure have fans running.  Even one in the bedroom at night, in to addition to he ceiling fan.

Sorry about your miserable weather forcing you to cancel your swap, Ron.  Willie, let us know how things went with your guests today.  They'd better have understood understand that Kobi's health is your first priority.  Thanks for the info on the batteries, Barb.  Lots of choices, all cheap.  All I have to do is figure out how to remove the old ones so I can put the new ones in.  I'll look at it with my glasses on tomorrow.

I sold another couple of Black Ram pairs today.  I'll ship Monday.  Funny that not long ago I was talking about putting them all in the veggie garden and now, I'm on a roll.  My Discus customer asked how much overnight would cost as apposed to 2 day which is $77 while overnight is $103.  He always gets with me at night, and I email him in the mornings.  I'll see what he has to say when I wake up.  I can't discount shipping because it's not in my control.

No egg today from Chicken Chicken but she's old for a layer so she isn't going to lay an egg every day.  She sure does like this warm weather and she's getting more and more spoiled.

I hope I'm not the only one here, today.  I'll pop in later to see.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everyone, well, 24 hrs after the big discus tank move, all is well! I am so relieved, been worrying over this for weeks.  Here is a pic I just took, the best I can do with my little camera.  My smartphone takes fabulous pics and videos but I don't yet know how to get them on here.  So here are the 12 "babies" in with the 4 adults.  They all like each other and swim together.  I am upping the feedings to this tank, the adults will get fat I think.  I still have 1-3 small discus that will get culled if they don't do better now.  The other 9 are growing great.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Nice pic, Barb.  The Discus all look good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

I'm envious of your weather, Liz...we were in the 60s today, light breeze if any at all...sunny which made it feel warmer...

A busy day for me...again! :D ...picked, packed, shipped 17 orders to clear out all the ones I was holding...2 minutes before I got home from the PO Hieu sent me 19 more orders over...they'll go out Monday I guess because tomorrow morning Stan and I are going over to a fish friend house to get some corals for Stan's salt tank...I'm going to buy some of his freshwater fish from him too...the guy is moving and doesn't want to take all his fish with him...

We learned a new card game this afternoon...Pegs and Jokers...fun...after that we went to dinner then to another friend's small quiet birthday gathering at his house...

Barb, your angels are really beautiful!...

Now it's bedtime for this ol' boy!...goodnight all!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron