• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 08:56:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

Frigid Saturday

Started by wsantia1, February 18, 2023, 02:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. After a week of above average temps we are back to normal here in Delaware. The current temp is 39 degrees which normally is not too bad for this time of year but we have gotten spoiled due to the recent warm temps we have been having. Our high temp will be 41F and we are almost there.

I've been in the fishroom most of the day catching up on water changes and other fish related activities. My fishroom has not been on the top of my priorities list for a while but this morning I had a good opportunity to get down there and really focus on what needed to be done instead of just going through the motions.

I did finally drain the two 40 breeders that have been without fish for over a month. Tomorrow it will be the turtle tank that will get the TLC treatment.

That's about all I have been doing today and even tough I took my time to make sure I didn't hurt anything I don't want to push my luck so I'll take it nice and easy for the rest of the afternoon.

Hopefully everyone is having a great afternoon and I'll be sure to check in on you all later today.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie.  It was cold this morning, 29 degrees, but it's warmed up nicely to the mid 73.  I had planned on tackling the house cleaning today, but I realized I was out of alfalfa pellets so I was off to the feed store.

When I got back, I worked in the fish room, too.  I've got BBA in some tanks that are now empty.  I cleaned the glass with H2O2 and soaked the sponges in the stuff, too.  I've filled them now and they each have a worthless gold ram in each to make sure they're safe.  I have 2 90's I still need to do, but I've either got to sell the fish that are in them or put them in the garden to feed the veggies.

I've got to rest the old back now, so it will be ready to tackle WC at 4.  See y'all later, folks.

Always move forward. Never look back.