• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 07:19:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 250
Total: 250

Rainy Friday

Started by wsantia1, February 17, 2023, 05:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. When I got up it was 63 degrees and cloudy. We are now down to 58 degrees with rain and 17 mph winds gusting up to 25 mph. The cold air returns once this system leaves us this afternoon.

I don't really have much on the agenda except for a little fishroom work and a run to the vet to get Kobe some more food.

I suppose that once I finish that I could start a bit of house cleaning, especially since I have company coming from out of town next weekend. The house is really in need of some spring cleaning and I am thinking of hiring an outside service to really clean it this spring.

Hopefully you all will have a great day and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, yesterday the low was 63 and the high was 78.  This morning the low was 33 and the high will be 42.  Next week we'll be close to 80 again.  I have never experienced a winter like this one.

I've been a mostly a lazy bum again today.  My house could use some wk, too.  It's not terrible like it has been, but after all the work I did on it, I don't want it to become disgraceful again.  If I could afford to have it cleaned by a pro, I would do it.  But I can't, so I wont.

Did I mention got the cutest little rice cooker that's perfect for someone who cooks for 1.  After forgetting the rice on the cook top twice, I didn't want to do that again.  I used it for the first time yesterday for my Creole Red Beans and rice.  It worked perfectly.  I just made rice for tomorrow's pork fried rice.  For fried rice left over rice is best.  I eat a lot of rice.  I just never knew that someone made a tiny one.  Got it on Amazon.    https://www.amazon.com/DRCM200BK-Steamer-Removable-Nonstick-Function/dp/B07CHZP91L?pd_rd_w=pP6Gg&content-id=amzn1.sym.deffa092-2e99-4e9f-b814-0d71c40b24af&pf_rd_p=deffa092-2e99-4e9f-b814-0d71c40b24af&pf_rd_r=ZM9RNHQAG17PJ69S46FJ&pd_rd_wg=mS1FH&pd_rd_r=fa37f781-d96e-4835-8e06-635e9e4f2647&pd_rd_i=B07CHZP91L&ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_1_i&th=1

I'm afraid that I have nothing else to say except that I'm doing well and the back is pretty good and the animals are doing well, so I'm a happy camper.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 17, 2023, 01:35:02 PM
Willie, yesterday the low was 63 and the high was 78.  This morning the low was 33 and the high will be 42.  Next week we'll be close to 80 again.  I have never experienced a winter like this one.

I've been a mostly a lazy bum again today.  My house could use some wk, too.  It's not terrible like it has been, but after all the work I did on it, I don't want it to become disgraceful again.  If I could afford to have it cleaned by a pro, I would do it.  But I can't, so I wont.

Did I mention got the cutest little rice cooker that's perfect for someone who cooks for 1.  After forgetting the rice on the cook top twice, I didn't want to do that again.  I used it for the first time yesterday for my Creole Red Beans and rice.  It worked perfectly.  I just made rice for tomorrow's pork fried rice.  For fried rice left over rice is best.  I eat a lot of rice.  I just never knew that someone made a tiny one.  Got it on Amazon.    https://www.amazon.com/DRCM200BK-Steamer-Removable-Nonstick-Function/dp/B07CHZP91L?pd_rd_w=pP6Gg&content-id=amzn1.sym.deffa092-2e99-4e9f-b814-0d71c40b24af&pf_rd_p=deffa092-2e99-4e9f-b814-0d71c40b24af&pf_rd_r=ZM9RNHQAG17PJ69S46FJ&pd_rd_wg=mS1FH&pd_rd_r=fa37f781-d96e-4835-8e06-635e9e4f2647&pd_rd_i=B07CHZP91L&ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_1_i&th=1

I'm afraid that I have nothing else to say except that I'm doing well and the back is pretty good and the animals are doing well, so I'm a happy camper.

Liz, I agree with you that this winter is different. Except for a couple of weekends it's been pretty mild here and the temp being in the 60s several times in February is something I don't recall.

I have a similar rice cooker in white. I love it.

If I wasn't afraid of injuring my back I wouldn't even consider outside help to cleanup but I may have to bite the bullet this year. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Ditto for weird winter weather here too.  Today was almost 80, windy and rainy,  tomorrow won't get to 50.  I have things leafing out and blooming but there could still be very cold days ahead. Poor plants don't know that.

I had a painting class today, did a beach scene, walked with my walking group, ate lunch out and came home tired out.  My back troubles aren't what I had thought.  I have some bad muscle problems in my left lower back.  Need to start PT in 2 weeks to help it.  Sure hope it works.  At least the xrays yesterday showed no bone or joint damage as I was expecting.  Just muscle stuff, from walking crooked which I can't help.

I am treating my young discus again for gill flukes.  Only 3 of the 13 have them but am treating the whole tank of course.  And I bought a beautiful Betta yesterday, all turquoise, he is gorgeous.  Have a good night,
Barb