• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:10:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 185
Total: 185

Whew......

Started by Mugwump, October 22, 2012, 07:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Just spotted a spawn in the St Isabel/ Rio Negro cross pair up tank....I got the male out first and put him in a 30gal, that I had ready...then caught the female and snagged the slate in one trip....all are safely in the 30 now, and after a pause to get their bearings, and eyeball the slate/eggs....they're back fanning them....whew.....
there's at least one more pair in there, maybe two...???
While I was fussing with that, I noticed that the Black veils had spawned again too...so I yanked that slater and into the 2 1/2gal it went....they don't parent raise and I wanted another batch...
then....the Manacapuru and Mana/PB silver ghost spawned....sheesh, they're on their own...LOL..as well as the Koi/Sunset that were laying as I walked by.....I've been doing some heavy protein feeding the last week or so....dividends paying off..... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

WOW !!! Good luck with that crew...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

b125killer

Your going to have fry all over the place. going to need to set up more tanks?
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 23, 2012, 06:07:29 AM
Your going to have fry all over the place. going to need to set up more tanks?

LOL....I have a few vacant...been planning in this re-tooling of the pairs/fry....I have another project in mind....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Well, couple white's on the black's spawn slate...the St Isabel/Rio Negro eggs look real good..maybe one white, but she's keeing them tended well...
the others are getting the fan treatment.....we'll see....?? 

After I pulled the St Isabel/Rio Negro's...another pair layed on the sponge riser tube and the rest are fighting over the slate...cripes....getting nasty in there....
Jon

ilroost

got a couple empty tanks here mug lol. just saying

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on October 23, 2012, 05:43:09 PM
got a couple empty tanks here mug lol. just saying

You coming to the swap?.......might have something for you??.....
Jon

b125killer

The St Isabel/Rio Negro's are a feisty little bunch of fish. I'm telling you they keep it up your going to need to flood the basement. LOL
Scott

ilroost

jon, hope to make the swap but we are real busy at work right now and might have to go to conneticut to do a job