• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 05:39:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

Magnificent Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, February 13, 2023, 06:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It was 70 degrees with beautiful blue skies today.  My days of playing outside, digging in the dirt are about over but the dogs and I all enjoyed having the doors open.  The next best thing to playing outside is letting the outside in.

I played in the fish room, instead.  I had a ton of aged water ready so I changed a ton of water in the morning and early afternoon.  After lunch and a small nap, I changed a ton on the remaining tanks.  I have a pair of Discus spawning as I type.  As 45 minutes after they finish, Ill put the eggs in the pitcher of RO, have a nice beautiful hot bath and hit the sack.  I feel sorry for my male.  The female makes run after run on the cone.  She has him 'bout tuckered.  But every now and again he goes back to the cone and makes a run or two.  This pair's last batch is of sellable age.  I gave the folks at Simply first shot at them yesterday, but if they don't beat down my door by morning, I'll put them up on Aquabid. 

That's all my news for today.  It won't be long until Barb is back.  It'll be nice to have 2 ladies and 2 gentlemen with us.  I feel so alone :P  See y'all in the morning, folks.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Ohhh, Liz...so sorry you feel alone here without Barb....we're still here for you!...

It was a lot cooler today, in the 50s, rainy last night and this afternoon...a cool few days here...

I putzed in the fishroom today...picked, bagged, boxed and shipped some orders...took down a 20g to be replaced by 4-5g tanks so I can separate fish, plants and shrimp better...I'm rearranging shelves and tanks to accommodate plant storage...I'm doing some different things with the potted plants I'm bringing in...

I'll be going over to a fellow's business Wednesday to pick up his Tissue Culture plants that he'd been developing but has decided to shut down the project...I'm taking all his inventory and splitting it with my "strategic" partner, Mike...we'll sell til they're gone then decide whether to continue carrying TC plants or not...

Today was the busiest day in Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix history...Super Bowl fans bugging out...180,000 ppl leaving...! Also the Golf ppl leaving...

Hope you're doing fine Willie...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron