• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:54:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

Good enough Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, February 10, 2023, 06:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi guys.  I wonder if I will be the only one today...?

It's been a pretty good day, all in all.  I went to the fishroom this morning to a near disaster.  I had a chlorine accident with my best pair this morning.  Scared the shit out of me.  Their tank was so cloudy that I couldn't see my female.  My male was close to the front of the tank leaning against the glass gasping.  I said out loud, Please don't be dead.  I netted him out and moved him to a tank with clean water, then found the female who was laying on the bottom.  She was the sickest even though the male had some nasty looking wounds. 

It's amazing how fast these fish recover with clean water, a lower water level, extra air and salt.  They're up and about now albeit not real active.  Not eating yet, but I'm confident that they will eat by morning.

I never got around to making my Char Siu pork yesterday because my back had had enough, so I made it today and stuck it in the fridge to marinate overnight.

A grooming customer friend I hadn't heard from since last year called.  Her husband who had every covid vaccination available, came down with Covid right at Christmas time and it was about as bad as it could be without killing him.  Now he has long Covid and along with pulmonary therapy in Hattiesburg is going to a Long Covid treatment center in Jackson.  He's lost a ton of weight, and like me, didn't have a lot too loose, but he's improving.

That's all the news from Mississippi.  I'll pop in before bedtime to see if I really am the only one today.   

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and everyone. It was another 60+ temperature day but it was a little windy so it wasn't as nice as yesterday. We've had a couple of really nice days here.

I've been busy most of the day catching up on water changes and cleaning/straightening up fishroom. I don't move around as easy as I used to so these water changes are taking me longer. I also did a lot of pausing to look at the fish. That was the good part

Liz, I'm sorry to read about that near disaster. Hopefully the fish heal quickly. I don't know if I could have acted as swiftly as you did to perform that first aid. Hopefully they will recover soon.

It's time to get something to eat. Have a good evening everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I'm the last one for today....hi folks!...or should I say goodnight folks...! It's still Saturday here for a few more minutes >:(

Today was another busy one ...several orders that I picked and bagged...we kept their little Yorkie for the fellow, Paul, who is working on our antenna for 3 hours while he took his wife to get started with some kind of heart therapy program...then the lady came over to trade me a bunch of her culls for some pure line blue dreams to strengthen her colony's gene pool...after she left, Paul came over to finish the antenna setup...now it's working beautifully...then we took him and Tammi to dinner and went their home to play a card game called Swoosh!...a lot of fun...

The Yorkie is a little sweet dream dog...doesn't yip all the time and isn't skiddish like most I've ever come in contact with...loved keeping him....

Liz, I bet your fish will be fine...you acted swiftly with decision and confidence...
Willie, slowing down is okay...! :D

I had the cortisone ship out in the left SIJ yesterday and I was almost totally pain free there today...such a nice relief...I hope it will last awhile...

I going to post this now so that I've still got it in on Saturday ;)

I hope all of you are sleeping well at this point....tomorrow - happy aquariuming!!! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron