• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:22:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

Nice Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, February 08, 2023, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning folks. It is a really nice morning for the middle of winter with the current temp at 54 degrees and going up to 58F  this afternoon. All of this under sunny skies and light winds.

I am waiting for a couple of my neighbors to pick me up so that we can head out to an Amish market in the area called Byler's. I really don't need anything so I am just going along for the ride but they have a great produce dept. so I will probably end up bring home some produce.

There is nothing else on the agenda so when I get back I will drain the 40 breeders and scrubbed them down good before I set them up for cycling. This will take more than one day to do and it may be a while before I actually put fish in them unless something happens and I need the tank space in a hurry.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, very similar weather here, only a bit warmer.  Sure is a nice treat in the middle of Winter isn't it?  Cold and rain will return soon I know.  Hope that fancy sock helps your foot, I had PF once a long time ago and it went away eventually.  I remember wearing special things on that foot for awhile and doing foot exerises.  Hope yours gets better fast.
Liz, glad your mouth and face are better,  now to just heal up and get your prosthesis, if that is what it is called.  Ron, keeping busy I know, doing fun stuff.

I leave for my trip tomorrow morning early.  Got all my neighbors keeping a close watch on everything here and cats are set up for a few days alone.  Discus youngsters have an electric feeder to feed them once a day.  All other fish can fast for a few days.  Will let you know when I return, can't do internet stuff on the ship unless I pay extra which I will not.  BTW, my son now has full blown Covid again, and he has had 4 vaccs.  And had Covid 2 times already.  My SIL is over his Covid and my daughter didn't get it.

You all be good while I am gone,
Barb

LizStreithorst

It was a beautiful day here, too.  The sun came out and it hit 76!  Humid as hell, though.  Between yesterday and today I washed everything I could  that was washable.  I was able to do my electric blanket today and hang it out since it was so warm.  I found out the hard way that one should not dry one's electric blanket in the dryer.  I just walked in and it still smelled doggy.  I've asked April to wash my heavy bedspread in her fancy high capacity washer Saturday.  That will solve things.

My energy is back and my appetite is getting better.  Tomorrow and Friday I'll spend the day cooking up a storm.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise, Barb.  We'll miss you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi gang!...

Barb, I may be too late for you to see this, but I'm wishing you a very happy cruise...

It was mid 60s today and sunny, so really comfortable...I spent all of it picking, packing and shipping orders (it's really picked up), and processing the plants that came in today...

Tomorrow a younger friend in the neighborhood is coming over to climb a ladder and install our TV antenna on the roof...it's inside right now and the reception sucks some days...I had a roofer come by to estimate repairing some wind damage today...I'll get another quote in a few days...he also gave me a rough estimate on painting the house too...gotta sell more plants... ;) ;) ;)  it used to be that I did all this stuff myself, but age has taken its toll!...

How's your mouth, Liz?...

Willie, I find that I have great intentions of getting tanks cleaned, moved around, or fish/plants/shrimp resituated in tanks but they get put off...seems like you're making headway!...

Y'all take cart...and hug your aquariums...,
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron