• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 08:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

Good Tuesday Morning

Started by wsantia1, February 07, 2023, 05:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I'm waking up to a cold 27 degrees this morning but we will get up to 49 degrees under mostly cloudy skies later today. This is supposed to be the coldest day of the week.

I had another shot in my foot yesterday and the foot doctor told me to take it easy on my walks for a while. I have already cut down on my walks considerably because my sidekick can't handle them like he used to. I can already tell that it's going to be rough summer for him if he makes it that long.

Fish room work is on tap today. I will be doing the guppy tanks today but I really need to get into those 40 breeders and scrub the hell out of them. I don't know if I will do that today because I have to watch out for my foot and back. Dealing with the small live bearer tanks will probably take me longer than I want anyway.

I wish you all a great day and I'll check in with you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  We'll have hit and miss showers all day today but it will be 71 degrees.

I finally feel human again after having my teeth pulled.  The swelling which covered the left side of my face is almost gone now and what remans is probably more due to the trauma to my mouth rather than infection.  I'll tell you what...I was a sick puppy for several days with this.  Thank God it's over.

Now that I'm better I need to make myself move.  3 days in bed was no good for my back.  Now that I can eat again, I'll finish the chicken soup I started the day before the teeth were pulled.  I've already shredded the chicken.  The broth is ready.  All I need to do is chop the veggies and put it all together.

Job 2 is to clean the bedroom.  It's not visually dirty but it smells like dogs again.  I'll be washing dog beds, for sure.  It's probably time to remove the cover from Big Head's orthopedic bed and wash it, too.  I had the bedroom smelling sweet until 3 days in bed.  But of course, when I'm in bed the dogs get into theirs.

Willie, be careful with that foot.  Other than inserts the only thing I know that helps is these socks that you wear at night.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JB2UDTQ?linkCode=ogi&tag=prevention-auto-20&ascsubtag=%5Bartid%7C2141.a.20488763%5Bsrc%7C%5Bch%7C%5Blt%7Csale%5Bpid%7Cd4a97491-1e50-4956-80e5-abbb2727a72f
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi all!....  42 right now and going to mid 60s today...it was like this yesterday...10 degrees cooler than Sunday when we had our swap meet...I actually tanned a little on my arms and face!...

I did my office maintenance job yesterday...always a nice job...I swear her tank looks better than mine!  :D :D :D   Lucy held a card class yesterday and I worked in the fishroom... I need to get all the fish in bb tanks and all the shrimp in tanks with a smidgen of sand on the bottom...and the plants into tanks with no fish...it's hard to net out shrimp or fish with the tanks full of plants...so I'm going to try to get some of that done today while Lucy does another card class...

It's been a long time since we left WA, and I don't think I've hat a DQ hotdog since then til last night...I love their chili cheese dog!...it was soooooo goooood! |eat| |eat| |eat|  No beans in their chili...as it should be for hot dogs! :D

Good luck with the plantar fasciitis, Willie...I did the exercises the podiatrist gave me to do and it cleared up..only a little trouble with it now from time to time...
Good move on getting to that new dentist and getting those bad teeth extracted, Liz...if I remember right the tenderness will last a week or so, and then no more pain...
Barb, what's going on for you today?

Whatever all of you are doing, do the best you ca at it, and have fun!...good day all...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I hope it helps, Willie.  I heard it said by a doctor answering a call from someone who had plantar fafiates on my Public Radio Station.  He is very knowledgeable.
Always move forward. Never look back.