• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 11:52:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Happy Friday

Started by wsantia1, February 03, 2023, 05:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning folks. Hopefully you are all well. Here in Delaware we are in for a severe drop in temps with them dropping from the low 40s down into the teens later this afternoon with 20 mph winds. Add a little snow flurries to the mix and we will definitely have a winter feel in the area by this evening/tomorrow. On Sunday we will get back up into the low 50s. huh

I spent a lot of time yesterday moving fish around and eliminating some older and some diseased fish from the fishroom. The result is that I freed up both of my 40 breeders and I came to the conclusion that I can eliminate even more tanks.

I like the 40Bs so I will sterilize them before I put them back in use and I can eliminate an old 75G that has seen much better days. I have a brand new 75G on the floor that was supposed to replace the old one but I never got around to it. Now I may not have any use for it. huh

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check on you all later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie.  Everyone played hooky yesterday.  I had an excuse.  I was so sick with these teeth that after I saw my new dentist I spent the rest of the day in bed.  I didn't eat, I didn't even drink a beer.  The dentist said that if the antibiotics she prescribed didn't work I'd have to go to the hospital in Hattiesburg that has an oral surgeon on call.  I should sue my former dentist for mal practice for not seeing me the same day I called.  I would have if I ended to going to the oral surgeon at the hospital.

It turns out that I have 3 teeth, all next to each other that are abscessed and need to come out.  The good news is they say that they can fix my Valplast so I won't have to go through life looking hideous.

The poor fish missed their last meal of the day and their WC.  Charlotte missed her dinner.  I just didn't have the strength of will to overcome the sickness I had from all that bacteria.  I'll spend a lot time in bed today too, but at least I'll be able to take care of the animals.  They depend on me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Wow Liz, that sounds really bad. Hopefully those antibiotics work for you and you can avoid that hospital trip.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Mornin' you two!  Sorry I missed yesterday, it was a cold, rainy day but I had several errands to take care of which took all day.  Helping out a couple friends.  Willie, watch that back with all your tank work!  No heavy lifting OK?  Liz I am so glad you didn't wait until your appt. on Monday with the butthead dentist. What a terrible man.  Hoping the antibio. works well and fast for you.  If you need help with animal care for a bit, I feel sure Judy or one of her family will help you! Don't be too proud to ask for help OK?

Today is another cold, dank day, #6 with no sun.  Next Thurs. I do head for 5 days of sun though.  Sure need it.  No snow here but so cold and damp.  One bright spot is that my pond is full to overflowing with all the recent rain. This is very good, so I don't have to connect my winter-protected hose in the back yard to fill the pond.

You two take it easy today and we will wait to hear from game-playing-Ron later on.
Barb

Ron Sower

With Puxatawny Phil making an appearance yesterday, I guess we all decided to to make an appearance here!... ;D.  Someone wrote that Phil was tight only 40% of the time, and someone else wrote that so was their weatherman!!!...

It's 54 now and going to 73 today with cloud cover, but no rain forecasted...they're calling for 74, sunny, no rain for swap meet Sunday...yay!!!

We played Samba in Florence outside yesterday...boys ruled and girls drooled :P :P :P
It was warm enough that we played outside on their patio... I think we're going to be down there next Thursday too...

Today is get-moving-on-getting-my-dry-goods-ready-for-the-swap-day...tomorrow will be for getting the plants all bagged and labeled...and early Sunday I will bag fish to take...I'm gonna be busy!!!...

Good luck with your teeth, Liz...I'm sorry they're going to have to come out...I had to look up Valplast...interesting...

Where are you going in 5 days, Barb?...you may have told us, but I don't remember...we were looking for a warm place to go for a few days, but our past places are having about the same weather we're having...I'm glad we're not having your weather, Willie |brr| |brr| |brr|

I guess I should get up from here and get a bite of breakfast....you guys have a happy aquariuming day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron