• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 10:08:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

Hump Day & First Snow of Season

Started by wsantia1, February 01, 2023, 05:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good Hump Day morning everyone. We got our first "snow" of the year during the overnight but I don't know of it counts as measurable snow just yet. The snow stuck in the grassy areas but nothing stuck to the streets and sidewalks. The snow has finally stopped and we are now at 31 degrees and going up to a high temp of 38F this afternoon.

It's the first of the month so I will be busy paying the bills and running some small errands. Later on I will attack the fishroom. I have some aging fish that I really need to consider putting down. A couple of them are wasting away so they will be the first to go. I'll check over the others and of they are not eating well I may have to do something with them also. I used to have an elder fish only tank but now most of my tanks have a few older fish so I'll have to look closely in every tank to see what to cull out.

Other than that I don't have much on the agenda.. Wishing you all a great day and I'll check on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie.  It's another cloudy one here today and it has turned colder.  Not terrible by any means.  The temp will still get up to 50.

I woke up to an abcessed tooth this morning.  I'll be calling the dentist as soon as they open.  Even if he can't get me in today he should be able to prescribe some antibiotics for me.  At least I don't have pain, just swelling since this tooth had a root canal years ago.  I swear, I won't have any teeth left in my head by the time I die.  Oh well, it is what it is...
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Damn dentist can't take me until Monday since I told them that I was not in pain.  That's OK except he won't prescribe antibiotics until he has seen me.  So even though I know exactly what is wrong I have do deal with more and more face swelling until Monday afternoon.

Barb

Oh my, sorry Liz, that is wrong. You don't have a very good dentist!  Willie, sorry about your older fish you have to put down, been there, done that.  It is a cold gray day here again, no sun for about 5 days  now.  This is unusual for my area of NC.  And plenty of rain lately too.  I have been keeping busy doing indoor things that need doing.  Even some knitting and reading too.  Also, sitting with a heating pad on my back.  Hope you all have a good eve, and see you here tomorrow.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I've decided to tell my long time dentist to go fuck himself.  I will call another place tomorrow.  I know my current dentist personally, and know that he's a butt head.  I still thought that he would consider someone who had a swollen face to be an emergency.  It appears that now that I am poor and don't have dental insurance he want's nothing to do with me.  I've decided to take the bastard's hint.   Screw him.  I have something that could potentially be serious.  He thinks that I don't have money to pay him.  I do.  I have and ace in the hole that he doesn't know about.  I would never asked for charity.  As far as I'm concerned he can take he over blown opinion of himself and stick it up his ass.  I know where he lives so I can tell him what I think of him to his face. 

Ron Sower

Geesh, Liz, why don't you tell us how you really feel! ;D ;D ;D Going by your description, he must truly be a butthead....I sure hope your tooth doesn't get painful. I can't imagine it being swollen with no pain... ???

It's 48 here now and we'll get to 64 later today...no clouds...our temp for the swap meet Sunday should be around 74 which is good!... |^| I'm still prepping a little each day, but tomorrow and Saturday will be days of full bore prep... :D

I've been thinning my herd too, Willie...just needs to be done....so you ended up with snow finally!....

Barb, my left side SI joint is giving me problems right now...waiting for insurance to clear doc for a cortisone injection...I use the heating pad some, but the cold pack on my hiney numbs it better sometimes...and 5 days without sunshine would drive me to head for sunny realms...

We played Samba yesterday afternoon with a fun couple...today we're going down to Florence to play with our old friends Ron and Charlotte, and Dave and Ann...should be another fun afternoon...

Tuesday evening was bingo night here...I'm still learning the way to punch the right buttons on the console unit...so Paul called the first half of the session...he's one of my "mentors"...he had more screwups in that half than I have in all the previous times I've called altogether!!!...so when I called the second half, I looked like an old pro at it!!! :D :D :D

You guys have a good Groundhog Day and happy aquariuming!!! ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron