• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:00:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Cloudy/Rainy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, January 31, 2023, 06:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is cloudy with some rain in  the area this morning. The rain will be here on and off throughout the day. It is currently 41 degrees and will top out at 44F this afternoon.

After a weekend of doing nothing I was pretty busy yesterday catching up. Today I have to run some errands so with the weather a little on the messy side I will need to be careful.

With the temps and the precip that we have in the area they are warning about icing conditions and maybe even a bit of snow for tomorrows forecast.

After I run my errands I have the usual house cleaning chores to get too. I actually feel like I made need to hire someone to come in to clean the house a couple of times a month but being realistic I just need to get my butt in gear and get the job done.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie and the rest of you later on!  I haven't seen sun for about 3 days now, and today is cloudy and gloomy again.  But at least it isn't cold, I have nothing to complain about when I see the weather around the country. 

My back is back to hurting again, left leg too.  Now I am almost sure this is because I need a new left hip to go along with my 6 mo. old right hip, which is doing great.  I am trying to get an appt. for xrays in late Feb or early March.  So, I join the rest of you with aches and pains, what a PITA.

My son in law has Covid for the 3rd time.  And he is vacced.  He just got over several weeks of bad Flu and has Gout badly in one foot.  So, he is miserable a  nd now my daughter has to also stay home from work again, since she is exposed. So far she is fine.  She has had Covid 3 times. All are confirmed with tests.  Thankfully I am well, except my back, and hope to stay well since I have a trip coming up soon.

Fish are all well except a couple very small discus who won't grow or eat well.  Yes I know what needs to be done Liz. Will do soon.  You all have a good and busy day!
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi all...

It's 47 and cloudy here today, with the high going to hi 50s and rain expected...this weekend we're going to be in the 70s which will be good for our swap meet which will be partially outdoors...

I'm maintaining some of my plants like Anubias in ziplock bags with several sprays of water in them...I figure most of the plants I get from the growers are emerged grown, so why don't I try keeping them that way?...im doing the potted plants and so far most are doing well...I'm learning a few species that do better in water...it's really helpful in keeping algae from developing on the plants...

I didn't post the plants and fish I have available on the FB page yesterday, so I'm not having ppl come to my house this week...that way I can spend my time prepping for the swap, which I started doing yesterday, making labels for the plant bags...I'll do more today and check out some old heaters someone gave me and I'm going to take to the swap...

I might do a little house cleaning today since we have card players over here tomorrow afternoon...

Happy aquariuming everyone!....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good evening friends.  It's been a weird day, but a good day. 

The weather has been warm but overcast with a fine drizzle.  Starting yesterday morning my computer started working painfully slowly.  Sometimes it didn't work at all.  I was constantly unplugging and replugging my modem.  My email would receive but not send.  Weird.  I had a box of fish to ship and another box to take to Twee at the fish store.  I did that first and when I came home called my internet provider.  Wouldn't you know, the moment I got off the phone the internet started working.  Several hours later, my email started working.  I don't care what the problem was as long as everything is working correctly again.

I separated my baby Discus from their parents today.  The parents were showing occasional aggression toward one another and they attacked the siphon hose.  Even when I stopped to look at them, one or the other would try to kill my big face through the glass.  It worried me, so I moved the kids.

I felt so sorry for their kids at first.  They kept looking for mom and dad.  It hurt my heart.  But after feeding them yesterday afternoon and last night they were over it when I went down to feed this morning.  They recognized me of the source of food and followed me as I moved around.  I know that this is silly, but I feel motherly towards these.  I'll have to put my feelings aside tomorrow.  I see quite a few that I need to cull, and they're still too young to even evaluate their gill plates.
Always move forward. Never look back.