• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 02:56:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 205
Total: 205

Sunny Saturday

Started by Barb, January 28, 2023, 06:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

At least now at 8am it is sunny.  Hope it lasts because next week is to rain every day!  I guess the winter drought here is over.  It is 30 outside at the moment.  Going up to 60 by afternoon, sure hope it does.  this afternoon I am going to a friend's house and we are painting pictures together.  I want to get back to painting, have not done it in the last year or more.  And tomorrow is knitting day with my new needlework group who meet downtown in a big coffees shop.  What do you all have planned for the weekend?  Hope all fish and pets are well?  Lucy is sleeping next to this laptop while I type, one paw on it.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Another nice January day here in Delaware. The weather guy said that this January our average high temp is 9.5 degrees higher than the normal high temp. I hope February follows the same pattern. It is currently 45 degrees with our high temp forecasted to be 53 degrees. There is no precip in the area until tomorrow evening.

We have a special board election meeting at noon because the secretary quit before her time was up. I wonder why?  huh Maybe it's because she did all of the work while the VP and Pres got all of the credit for it. Saturday at noon is probably not a good time for a meeting on short notice. wfwf I will be there but not because I want too but because one of my neighbors is twisting my arm. lol

I don't remember if I told you that I got my new pump from Jehmco. I'm very happy with it but I didn't know that the pump was a Medo pump. It did have a stamp on it identifying it as a Jehmco but it also said Medo . The good thing was that the pump cost $30 less than getting it directly from Medo. |^|

Now I have to reset all of my airlines again as the airflow is stronger on some lines and weaker other lines. I'll have to restore the right balance.

Barb, Kobe is doing OK, thanks for asking. I had him groomed yesterday by a new groomer and she did an excellent job. Even though it cost me more to groom him, the quality of the groom was so much better that I was happy to pay the price.

If I can get him to sit still for a while I'll try to get a picture to post. He seems to know when I am trying to take a picture and will not stay still for anything.

Hopefully the weather is good wherever you guys are at. Greg, hopefully your snowfall will stop soon. I know it's cold and snowing in Elgin, where I last lived in Chicagoland.

Have a great day everyone and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi y'all!...here it's now 45 and will get to mid-60s today with clear skies...

It was a busy day yesterday...I moved a few fish and plants out...clearing some tanks...going to sell a 20L later today...

Reading yesterday's posts, and this morning's, it seems all of you are doing okay...I hope so anyway...

Resetting airlines can be work, Willie!...have fun with it! ;D

You guys all have a great day!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Yeah, they're medo pumps.  The best.  I was lucky.  I found mine used on E Bay.  I run my 1" PVC with the air valves in a complete circuit around the fishroom.  That way the pressure equalizes and it isn't as hard turning down some valves and turning up others.

It is a drop dead gorgeous day here.  Sunny with the temps in the mid 60's.  I did the feed store thing and then went to the big Corner Market in Petal where they have a much larger selection and I was able to find extra firm tofu and bok choy.  Then I went across the street to the Mission Store where they were having a 50% off sale on what is already dirt cheap stuff.  I didn't figure I'd find anything, but you never know when you will find a gem.  All I saw that I wanted was in a bin marked "pillow cases".  There were 2 taped together that were the perfect color brown that I'd been looking for.  With the discount they cost the huge sum of $1.00.

I made shrimp with lobster sauce for lunch.  Very good. 

I guess that all my hard cleaning work has finally caught up with me.  I am plum wore out.  After lunch I'll take a nap and rest the old back till WC time.
Always move forward. Never look back.