• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

Here is Hump Day again

Started by Barb, January 25, 2023, 07:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, it will be a rainy and windy day here. I think it is what came through your area Liz. Hope you came out OK?  It seems like your part of the country has had a veyy large # of storms lately?  I just got a photo of the yard of a friend in MN, looks to be at least 2' of snow in her yard, and much more piled up eveywhere from drifting and snow plows working.   She says more is coming today.

Ron so sorry about the loss of those guppies.  Hope you can get the females to begin a new colony.  Liz I hope your laptop will soon be fixed, that must be so hard to deal with.  At least you have your phone to communicate.  I will call you soon.  Willie I am glad Kobe and you can get out daily for those walks.  I know it is good for both of you.  Take care of that back! 

I have more fear/worry about just driving down the road to the stores than I do about being out on the ocean in a ship.  They are so safe and plenty of well equipped life boats.  I love just being on the water and looking at the ocean with no land in sight.  Fortunately I never get seasick, but do know how awful it is.  I have seen others with it and they really suffer.  If I got it, I'm sure I would be landbound.  My son had to leave the Coast Guard after 5 years due to never getting over seasickness. 

I have a busy week going on with activities every day with friends.  Today is walking downtown or in the mall if it is raining then.  You all have a good day,
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. We are sitting here waiting for the storm to arrive. There is no snow in the cards for us but plenty of rain and wind speeds up to 50 mph can be damaging. I've done all of my outdoor activities with Kobe already so I'll just wait for a break in the rainfall to get him outside to do his business.

Liz, I hope this storm didn't affect you too much. I know you have been getting a lot of rain lately. Barb it is always good to get my walk in with Kobe. It keeps both us moving and that is especially good for him.

Water changes are in the cards today but first I am expecting a new air pump (expected between 10:45 - 12:45) that I splurged on from Jehmco. I got the LPH 60 to replace my Alita 60. If you remember, back in December I bought a new AL-60 to replace the original one but it was not as good as the old pump so I returned it. Well the old pump is still running but I am concerned that it will eventually fail so I went with the Jehmco.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check on you later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi friends...wow...it's 44 here...that's cold for 9:30am!...clear skies are a good thing though!..

Recently the fellow that was doing all the graphics for me to post on FB for our meetings and swaps had to withdraw from doing all that due to "life" reasons...last night as I was pondering how to do the announcements for the upcoming swap meet on the 5th, he sent me a message saying he had things all cleared up in his life and would be happy to help again if I wanted him back!...Well, that didn't take but a nano-second to decide ;D so this morning I'll send him the info and let his creative juices flow!!!...

Barb and Willie, looks like you have your days planned...Liz, you doing okay?...

A few of ppl are coming today to get fish and plants...so I need to go pull stock for them...you folks have a good day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi guys.  The storm was a dud here.  Been 10 and midnight the skies opened up and dumped a huge amount of rain and then went away.  I didn't even walk out to a swamp when I fed Charlotte.  It's cold, damp and breezy this morning.  A good day to stay inside and clean.

Yesterday all I did in the work room was 4 windows.  I have 4 more left as well as the rest of the mess.  It has been several years since that the work room got a through cleaning.  I'll be satisfied if I get t bulk of it done today.  I wish I didn't have to spend so much time sitt, resting my back.

I'm ready to get back to it now. Have a happy day everyone.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Three pickups today...nice orders, but none like Lis' $1000 ram guy! :D

Packed a few plant orders after dinner...resting my back now then I'll run them to USPS...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron