• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 131
Total: 132

Friday Is Here

Started by wsantia1, January 20, 2023, 05:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Today is going to be a beautiful day for the middle of winter. At this moment we are at 37 degrees with clear skies but we will soon get up to a high of 50F under sunny skies. This good weather will last most of the weekend.

Most of my fishroom work is done and I now have three empty running tanks (55, 40B and 29) available for anything from growouts to getting new fish. All of these tanks will need some good wipe downs but that will be easy enough.

Unfortunately my sterbai cories decided to go on a breeding strike and with everything that's been going on with Kobe for the last month I was unable to focus on any of the fry that I did get from them. I will probably move them into one of the empty tanks (40B?) and add to the colony. Still thinking about what to do next.

Tomorrow there is a big football game in this area with the Philadelphia Eagles playing my New York Giants in prime time. This is a major event even in Delaware due to our proximity to Philadelphia. We are also close to Baltimore and DC so the people here root for those teams too. As a native New Yorker I root for all of the New York Teams when the visit the area. mim mim mim   

What do you guys have planned for your weekend? Whatever it is I hope you have fun. I wish you all a great day and as usual I will check in later to see how you are all doing.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I have been lost without my laptop.  The part will be here Monday.  I will attempt to replace the part myself.

It's nice out today but we will have rain all day tomorrow.  I've got some boxes to make and I do my best to make myself do some through cleaning of an area every day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good afternoon Willie and Liz, Ron, Dennis and Greg later on.  It is also nice here today, 60 right now and sunny.  But will be much cooler tomorrow. Maybe rain too, which is really needed here.  My pond is way down, can't use my hose to fill it up since it is all  disconnected and empty for the winter.  But I will reconnect it soon if no rain.  Willie have you have you had any snow this winter? I hear it is very snowless up north of me?  None here, which is no surprise.

Liz hope you get your laptop fixed soon and can do it yourself. What part did you have to order? 

I lost another relative this week, the very last of my father's side of the family, this man was 88, my dad's first cousin,  and I got to visit him last month so I am glad of that.  I even have pictures I took of him and my sister in law and her 4 kids.

Tomorrow I have a funeral to go to, husband of a lady friend, then an art show and lunch afterward with a friend.  No plans for Sunday yet.  When I am on my cruise next month, the superbowl will be on the final cruise day home from the Bahamas, so I will watch it on the huge theater screen or the gigantic outdoor screen by a pool.  They serve game day foods and beer to the audience. This happened once several years ago so I know what to expect. 

You all have a good rest of Friday!
Barb

wsantia1

Barb, we have not had any snow at all so far this year and I am not missing it. In Philly this is already the second latest date that they have not had any official snowfall. There is no snow in the 10 day forecast. FYI Philly is 71 miles Northwest of me.

Three or  four winters ago we had no snow at all. I'm hoping for a repeat.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.