• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 05:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 141
Total: 143

MLK Monday

Started by Ron Sower, January 16, 2023, 10:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello!...

It's grey, rainy and 51 here this morning as i got up...

I'm still coughing a lot and it wakes me up at night and my sides are sore...still don't feel like doing much...I'll go to urgent care again after I get home from picking up shrimp and delivering plants to Mike in Sun City...

Liz, sorry your meds got screwed up...I wish you could get them today...

I did the same as you, Willie, and watched football most of yesterday...I did manage to take apart and reconstruct 2 small metal wire shelving units into one tall...I fit it in a nook between the end of one aquarium rack and the wall...I'll use it for dry storage with one shelve set for bbs hatching...I'm going to start that up soon...I have your mix taped to my desk, Willie ;D...

I guess that's it for now...take it easy friends..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Ron.

Sorry you're still feeling crappy.  I'm not feeling up to my best either, but it's not as bad as I expected.  I just know that I can't try to get much of anything done.  I'll make it though until tomorrow without wanting to do myself in.  This bit of "suffering" is temporary.

It's cloudy here, too and will be all day.  We will have some rain tomorrow.  At least it's getting warmer.  Today 66, tomorrow 72.  Not normal at all for this time of year, but I'd much rather it be warm than frigid.

My Discus wigglers went free swimming this morning.  Since the pair that produced them paid no attention to them, I moved the pitcher to the tank of an older, more experienced pair that had just spawned.  I posted about it here if anyone's interested.  http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?139416-Breeding-by-the-seat-of-my-pants

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good afternoon Ron and Liz.  It is sunny but cold today, was only 27 when I got up this morning.  But I am thankful for sun.  Ron you may have RSV, you sure have the symptoms.  I had what I think was it on Thanksgiving, but ileft me in a couple more days.  You may have a much worse case of it. Hope you get  better real soon.
Liz sure hope you get the Tramadol on Tuesday! I admire how you are being strong and tolerating the pain.  My back still hurts dang it.  I now think it is my left hip causing it, looks like I may need to get it replaced too. I will get an xray of it at my March ortho. appt.  If so, I will ask for next Fall for another hip surgery.

Fish all fine here, hope they stay that way too.  Have a good eve my friends,
Barb

LizStreithorst

It could well be, Barb.  I the pain in my hip turned out to come from my back.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Muggers. All is well here except for the cold weather. It is actually warmer than usual and we'll see the 50s by the end of the week. Of course that will come with some rain.

I spent a lot of my day resting my ailing back also. It's not as bad as it usually is but too much work in the fishroom, without taking taking you all's advice and going at a slower pace, has put extra stress on my back. I'll keep doing my fishroom stuff but at a much slower pace.

Kobe's still doing ok and now he has turned into a Velcro dog. Every step I take he is right beside me. I am almost afraid that I am going to step on him but I am probably a little too slow for that now.

Wishing you all a good evening and hopefully we all feel better in the morning. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.