• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 12:33:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 181
Total: 182

Saturday hello

Started by Barb, January 14, 2023, 08:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks!  So cold, gray and windy outside this morning.  I was going to take a long walk at a local park but am rethinking that plan.   May go walk in the mall instead, not as enjoyable as being outside but it works.  Was actually fun when they had all their holiday deco. up.  One time Santa even jumped into one of our walking group pics.

Hope you are all feeling OK this morning.  Liz let us know if UPS shows up today.  Ron, plant and fish man, glad you are feeling a bit better.  Willie you and Kobe have a good weekend with just fun stuff to do!  I am joining a knitting group, first meeting is tomorrow afternoon in a coffee shop downtown.  I have a work in progress to take to work on with them.  Next week is a crochet group I will join too.  Also have a WIP as it is called, to take along.  I like to stay busy, so adding 2 more groups will be fine with me.  Fish are all well here!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Barb.  It's cold here too, but no wind and totally sunny with low humidity making it feel pleasantly brisk outside.

I know I told you yesterday on the phone that my meds were coming via UPS.  That's what I thought because I was not paying attention.  When my alarm went off at 1am waking me up to take my night time meds, I checked the status of my order on my phone.  The drugs were sent via USPS and the message said that they would be arriving late.  Monday, I imagine, unless my package takes a world tour.  I have enough Tramadol to be able to squeak by without suffering withdrawal symptoms, but I will suffer a good bit of pain.  I emailed my customers who were expecting me to ship Monday, explained the situation and asked if they'd be OK with me shipping Tuesday.  I'm bummed because I hate not being able to do what I said I would do.  I'm super bummed realizing that I'm a slave to pain drugs.  I never imagined that I would find myself in this situation.

I'm going to make some boxes today which will necessitate a good sweeping and vacuuming of all the bits of Styrofoam.  I might even mop!  Afterward I will work a bit on the kitchen countertops.  The big one is clean and pretty.  I have 2 more that are still a mess.  I'm not going to kill myself doing it, though.

My new book arrived from Amazon yesterday and when I decide it's time to take it easy, I'll take the book down to the fishroom have a good read and watch fish.  My Discus wigglers will free swim tomorrow.  They look like fine healthy wigglers, but the parents haven't even realized that their kids exist so I expect that they'll be eaten, but hope otherwise.  There are people on Simply wanting babies from me.

Ron, are you cured yet?  Willie, I hope you and Kobi are both doing well.  My old dog Big Head, has started having that heart cough but it's so occasional that I can ignore it for a while.  He's a Basset Shar Pei mix and is around 75 lbs.  Considering how much little Tink's meds cost, I don't know if I'll be able to afford Big Head's when he needs them.  For now, though, he is doing well so I'm trying not to think about it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb and Liz. It is cold here also at a current temp 34 degrees with 20 mph winds gusting up to 30 mph. The normal high temp for this date is 41 degrees so we are a bit colder than normal but with these high wind speeds we feel a lot colder than that.

Liz I am so sorry to hear the issues that you are having with with your pain meds. I still deal with the regular pharmacy and most of my meds are free with my insurance. The benefit for me doing it this way is I don't have to wait for the unreliable shipping carriers to bring me my meds.

I am also sorry to hear that Big Head is having those coughing issues start up again. Hopefully it doesn't get worse. What meds is he on for his heart issue? Not that I know anything about the dog heart and meds but I like to research and learn.

Liz your counters sound like mine. I was discouraged when after cleaning up my counter one day last week I woke up the next day and the counter was full of stuff again. huh I may need to rope it off next time but first I have to clean off the other two counters I have. huh Then maybe I'll rope them all off.  huh

Barb a walk around the mall sounds preferable to walking in the park on a day like today. I say go for it. Have fun at your knitting meeting. I'm sure that you will catch up and complete your WIPs with fellow knitters encouraging you on.

Ron, glad to know that you are feeling a little better. Do you think you had the flu? A lot of that is going on around here.

Kobe and I are both doing well today. We are just taking it one day at a time. Stay warm everyone and I wish you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

If you have items coming by USPS don't expect them on Monday.....

QuoteThe U.S. Postal Service observes 11 official holidays annually, including Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Post offices will be closed on Monday, Jan. 16, and the Postal Service will not deliver regular mail or packages on that date.

Ron Sower

Hi Muggers!...

65 and overcast is what we had today...dreary!...and as I think I mentioned yesterday we'll be in the 60s & 50s with on and off clouds for several days...I think they're getting snow in the mountains which is really good for the ski economy of AZ...so far no Cali-style flooding here!...

I'm almost through with the sore throat...but still have a lot of drainage and coughing...that's a pain in the tush... ::) Willie, I don't think this has been the flu because there isn't the joint pain that accompanies the flu...

A young lady came by today to pick up her pair of gold Apisto McMasteri and trio of Apisto Aggazzi I've been holding for her...I had found another adult aggazzi and offered it to her for a little more and she took it!...later a fellow came by for some free duckweed and saw my fish and bought 5 pairs of Vienna guppies and 5 panda corys...! Then on top of that paid me a tip for the plants!...I really like that guy... ;D ...! He said he'd be back after he sets up his 2 other tanks!...my strategic partnership with Mike a Coleman is really working out well ... |^| I able to buy good already-quarantined fish and shrimp at a price where I can sell to ppl reasonably...

Lucy played Bunco today...brought home no money this time... :( :( :(

I hate to break the news to you, Liz, but don't expect postal service to deliver Monday because it's a holiday... :( I hope you don't hurt too much.... I consider myself in a good place currently without too much debilitating back pain now...most of the time Tylenol works these days...

Barb, you are walking circles around me!...I'd started walking regularly, then I had that cancer removed from my leg and she discouraged me from walking and said to stay off my feet so my incision would heal better...then I got this sinus crap!...I hope to get back to it next week...

All you all take care now...

Hi Dennis...I see you have notified  Liz before I got mine posted!...how you doing!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I can imagine having worse luck with this drug delivery but I won't.  If anything else happens I'll be a poor  excuse for a human being.  I had been picking up this one drug at the pharmacy in Ellisville but Iit was expensive last time so I thought it would be cheaper at Humana.  When I was on the 50 mg pills it was free.  With the 100 mg it's 57 bucks a month either place.  I'll go back t the pharmacy from now on..lts on it's way from Hattiesburg now.  I'll cally Moselle post office.  There is still a chance I'll get it today. It might go to Ellisville first so lll call them,too.  They know me at both places and will let me pick it up if they get it.

LizStreithorst

I typed that from bed before I was fully awake.  It's Sunday.  My drugs are stuck in Hattiesburg and there's nothing I can do short of breaking into the PO.