• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 01:46:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187

Overcast Thursday Morning

Started by wsantia1, January 12, 2023, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is cloudy out with the current temp at 45 degrees and topping out at 56F this afternoon. We will have scattered showers and Thorms this afternoon followed by steady rain this evening and overnight.

All is well on the home front here. I did make a mistake when I stated that Kobe's birthday was on the 13th. Actually his birthday is on the 17th and he will be 13 years old. He is still doing well but I would list him as still recovering on an illness report.

I am a little more focused today so the fishroom will get 90% of my attention. I originally meant 100% but I know that I have an small errand to run so I deducted 10%

There is nothing else on my agenda today though I should go get a haircut. I won't because it would take too much time out of my daylight hours and that's time I need to devote to my fishroom and Kobe.

Hopefully you all have a great day and I will check in later to see how you all are making out.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Willie.

We have some thorms coming in soon but the they're only supposed to last a couple hours.  Right now we're under a tornado watch and the winds are picking up, but I think the worst will be north of me.  Ellisville and Laurel are under a tornado warning.

I pretty much wore myself out cleaning the kitchen yesterday.  I dragged my ass through WC and horse feeding and ended up in bed zonked out at 7, after I put todays chicken dish in a marinade in the fridge overnight.   I feel much better this morning but instead of cleaning the kitchen I'll be concentrating on getting tanks cleaned up and ready for fish.  I'll start shipping Monday and I need to holding tanks ready for 2 shipments.

Ron, I hope you're feeling better today.  Barb, the reason you don't feel as old as I do is because your body still works.  I just watch as my condidion gets worse little by little.  Cronic pain will make anyone feel old.  And speaking or cronic pain, my meds have make it all the way to Indianappolis.  UPS needs to give the delivery guy a fresh horse.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi ppl!...

It's close to midday now and our temp is 60 with only a few clouds...souls reach 70 this afternoon...

My sinusitis has worsened and I started antibiotics this morning because my cheekbones are feeling it...ugh!... ??? I'll be resting most of the day...you 2 have more energy than I today...

Take care friends...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi folks, would you believe it is 72 here right now?  In a couple days it will be 25 overnight.  And rain tomorrow. I have so much cold damage in my yard now, poor plants.  But zillions of fireants, I just disturbed a nest and you should have seen what poured out of the hole.  Nightmarish sight. But now poisoned.

Liz I do see what you mean about age vs pain.  Ron hope your med works well and soon.  Willie don't overdo all your fishroom work and hurt your back again.  Give Kobe a hug from me.

I have a lot of housework to do so better get back to it.  You all take it easy,
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's 72 here, Barb.  It was 76 yesterday.  It's going to get down to the mid 30's tonight.  Not as cold as you will have, thank goodness.

I've been doing house work but it's a long slog with fish room care, and food prep.  I wish I didn't have to eat.  The prepping and cooking of what is tempting to me takes too damn much time.

I was not old until my body started falling apart.  I fought against if for as long as I could but there is no overcoming what I have.  Yes, we are the same age.  Still, I am old and you aren't. 

Ron, I hate hearing that you still feel like shit.  I hope tomorrow is much better for you.
Always move forward. Never look back.