• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 07:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 93
Total: 93

Cloudy Tuesday

Started by Ron Sower, January 10, 2023, 11:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hi gang!

It looks like there is a series of rain-laden storms moving into the west coast over the next week or so that will actually move on over to the east...we'll get rain here and the higher elevations will get snow...I'm not going to complain because as I've mentioned before, there are communities around that have lost their water supplies altogether...

The water and sewer mains in our community are old...they are breaking often now...the maintenance guys are trying to stay on top of it, but it's hard to do...we get notices from our manager that the water will be off and invariably there are a couple ppl that post on the community FB page about how we shouldn't have to go without water for part of a day while they work on the problem and they should put a new system in...as you may know, we rent our lots here and it's reasonable...I want to wring these complainers' necks because I don't think they realize if that were to happen, our rent would skyrocket...! I'm pretty sure the owners have a long term facilities budget plan, but being a privately held company they are not required to publish it...

I've added freeze-dried Blackworms to my list of things available to hobbyists...I bought a big bulk bunch several months back and put them in 15 oz lots in Ziplock bags and stuck them in the freezer...now ppl on our page are asking me for them...15 oz adds up to about 30 cubes and I can mail them easily...who'd-a-thunk?  :D :D :D

Well since I didn't complete my fishroom re-work yesterday, I will attempt it again today...not much left to do, really...I need to toss some stuff I don't use anymore, but you know how that is....I look at it and I may want it later... :(

Stan is converting a 24 all-in-one aquarium I gave him from fresh to salt...in the transition he's going to get rid of a beautiful platinum angel with nice hues of blue in her fins...I'm going to buy it from him and place her in my 125g catch-all tank with the other plat and the 4 Leopoldi and tetras, barbs and rasboras...I have some spawning kribs in there too!

At 2 I'll be setting up the bingo console and audio system...I don't think I'm going to be able to call tonight...my throat is raspy and I'm full of mucus...constantly clearing my throat and some coughing...

You folks have a good day and happy aquariuming everyone!!!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good Morning Ron.  Thank God we have no water problems where I am and water is pretty cheap.  Even with all the water I change every day I pay about $55. monthly.  The poor folks in Jackson have suffered with boil water alerts and sometimes no water pressure at all or getting mud when they turn on the tap.  The water pipes are ancient but finally with the Federal Government's help they are working on it.  It will take years to replace all those old pipes.

It's a beautiful early Spring day in January here.  It did get down to freezing last night but right now it's 60 and it will go up to 66.  The birds are singing and there's not a cloud in the sky.

I'm in a great mood and want to get going on cleaning, but the back is not cooperating.  I know why, too.  I was worried about my Tramadol arriving when I needed it so I took half my normal dose last night.  Humana pharmacy is very bad about giving a correct arrival date until the order has been shipped.  I'd been checking on their progress filling the script and they it was always that they were working on it.  Suddenly, this morning I got a message that it was shipped and would arrive today!  Very annoying to be in pain needlessly.  I took the extra half dose just now.  I hope it helps.  I have found that I get the most relief if I take 100 mg at bed time, 50 when I wake up and 50 in the afternoon.  I've been prescribed 300 mg daily but I only take 200 mg for the best results.  When I took the full dose I was lazy and sleeping too much.  Now that I've figured out the dose that works for me, I shouldn't have to worry about running out ever again.

My meat loaf is ready to go in the oven.  I'm looking more forward to the leftovers than the actual meal.  Cold meat loaf the next day is the best!  My next cooking project is a Mexican chicken and rice recipe but that won't happen until I drive to Ellisville for a Poblano pepper and a couple of limes.  I really do not want to drive 24 miles round trip for just 2 things so I'll wait until I need more stuff.  I find cooking for 1 to be hard.  I always either don't have the necessary veggies or they sit in the fridge until they go bad.  Barb, and Willie, do you have the same problem?

Time to get out of my jammies and get going.  See y'all later.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Ron, Liz and everyone. It was cold this morning at 29 degrees when I got up. We did get up to the mid 40s this afternoon but now we are headed back down. The current temp is 39.

I've been keeping a secret over the last day or so because I didn't want to jinx myself but I know you all would want to know that Kobe has been feeling better and has not coughed in over 24 hours but probably closer to 36 hours.

I am still watching over him like a hawk and making sure that he gets his meds on time. BTW he will be 13 years old on Friday.

I played in the fishroom for a bit in the late morning but I didn't get enough energy going to make much progress. huh I'll try again tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Liz and Willie...and Barb when you drop in!

The scratchy throat didn't get better as the day went on...I canceled my bingo work...others will work it, we have a good team...I went to urgent care...I've got a sinus infection...picked up Rx's on the way home...hope to start feeling better thru the night...we've canceled our trip to Emery's birthday party thi weekend...we'll just go later...

Willie, good news on Kobe...
Liz, somehow I had an extra 3 month supply of my 2 regular Rx's so I never got down that close before the next refill came in...

Goodnight all!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good late afternoon folks, I have been gone all day, just got home, and will write  now before I get preoccupied with fish work in awhile.  My back is still bothering me, hope the new mattress I ordered will fix the problem.  It is so irritating, as well you all know!  My daughter has pneumonia now, from the flu she has had 4 weeks now.  I think her husband may have it too.  She will soon be on meds for it and hopefully will soon be fine.  They have each had Covid at least twice and now flu.  Poor things. I am fine, just my back hurts.

Good to hear Kobe is better and Happy 13th Birthday to him on Friday the 13th.  It will be a lucky day for him as it always is for me.  I enlisted in the USAF on a Friday the 13 and that worked out very well for me.  Liz I know what you mean about veggies and cooking for one.  I freeze a lot of things I cook and love to just take out a meal and pop in  the microwave.Soups are my specialty and I have many frozen.Glad your pain meds are working out well now.  Willie, do you use Tramadol too, seems good for back pain?

Ron, sorry about your lingering cold issues.  What a pain to have to cancel a trip.  Been there and one that over Thanksgiving and Xmas.  My recent weekend trip to see the kids was after all the illnesses with them almost over, except for the pneumonia that has popped up.  Hope your water pipe issues are fixed soon, that must be a real worry and issue for lots of you all there.  I hear this is a common problem in many places around the US.

My newest hobby is making sour dough bread using the 120 yr old starter a friend gave me recently. Liz I will bring you some starter in April.  I am learning I can  air dry it and send flakes in the mail anywhere.  My first successful loaf was baked yesterday and so good I could have eaten the whole loaf, but froze most of it, in slices, so I can get out and eat one at a time, or at least that is the plan.  Be back tomorrow,
Barb