• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 200
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Monday rolls around again!

Started by Ron Sower, January 09, 2023, 10:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hellooooo Muggers!...

We are at 53 now and heading to 69 this afternoon, with little bit of clouds...

Yesterday was a busy day with bagging fish and plants for the meeting's auction and the pre-sales I had...then the meeting itself...that left me pretty beat by the time I got home...the place was packed with over 70 attendees...I had told the manager to expect the large crowd of 60-70 but he only set up for about 45...we were pulling tables and chairs out of the main restaurant to seat everyone...then we had only one server and she was new to this location...usually the food gets served in the first hour which is our social hour...someof our ppl didn't get food until we finished up the meeting's auction....one never got her meal...time for a change ...

Today I want to finish the fish room reorganization....I got a good ways into it Saturday...and also today is my office tank maintenance "job" day...Lucy wants to shop, so I'm gonna drop her at a mall while I do the maintenance...she won't be through by the time I finish so I'll take a book!!! ;)

Looks like you folks did okay yesterday...keep it up! Happy Aquariuming!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi Ron, Willie later and the too long absent, Barb.

I swear to God, yesterday I made the ugliest wont tons you have ever seen.  Today I visited Twee at the pet store.  Her family emigrated from Taiwan and she said that she's so bad at it that she just buys hers from the Asian market down the street.  I'm afraid I'll have to do that in the future.  Unlike Twee who has a full time job and a family to take care of, I have the time.  I just don't have the technique right.  I'll see how mine do when I make won tom soup tomorrow...

Twee is having hand surgery tomorrow.  She's excited about it.  She can no longer close her right hand.  She can't pick up change.  She needs to scoop change into her right hand then count it with her left.  The surgeon said that after surgery she's be good to work with her right hand normally for 30 years.  It's a shame that she's having problems with her body not working at such a young age.  She's just in her mid 40's.  I was in my late 50's before I started falling apart.

We hugged and caught up on normal life things.  I got 2 200 watt Aqueon Pro heaters and 2 bottles of Stability.  I brought her 24 mostly very big albino Snots and a dozen mostly large Mystery Snails and she said we were even, but according to the receipt I owe her 10 bucks.ou

As for me, I'm feeling good today.  Red beans and Cajun sausage is warming up on the stove.  The rice is resting.  It will be ready by the beans are warm.  Cajun red beans and rice is a delicious meal. I think I'll have meat loaf tomorrow.  I'll clean like a crazy lady while it's cooking.

Barb, where are you?  3 days is too long for you not to check in with us unless you're dead or something.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hello gang!  I have not read the past few days posts here, but will do so later today.  Just wanted to check in and let you know I am fine, weekend trip was great, visiting my family. It was cold and rainy but we still had a good time together.  I gave my 2 children and their spouses their bit of inheritance from my late mom.  I split what I got 3 ways so they would have something for a vacation this Spring.  I felt it was the right thing to do.
Near disaster averted:  when I got home late yesterday I felt the need to do a good wc on my young discus tank, 45 gal tall tank.  As I was refilling it I heard the most horrible sound of cracking plastic. Just awful.  I expected the whole tank to crash down and apart, killing my 14 discus.  And flooding my bedroom and into the living room.  I ran to see what cracked and it was the center brace, on top.  There was nothing I could do at the time.  The tank looked OK, no bowing of glass or anything.  But it was a long night of worry and into today, until I could go buy a clamp.  It took 2 stores and 3 tries with 3 sizes but I finally got it done just now and it looks sturdy.  I think the top frame had actually started bowing.  But now it seems fine.  I will grow the babies out more then they go into a 75 asap.  The tank will go back to being a terrarium forever.  Any of you have this happen and if so, did the tank blow out?  Was I scared for nothing?
Will read your latest posts and be back tomorrow.  Speaking of back, mine is much better and I have ordered a new mattress, it was my bed, not the couch!
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's not an unusual thing to have happen.  You can fix it temporarily by gluing lowering the water level then gluing the plastic pieces together with a good quality super glue.  The forever fix is easy.  Have a strip of glass of the same thickness of the tank glass, lower the water level until the tank is no longer bowing at all, then silicone the glass in.  There is no reason to turn a good aquarium into a terrarium  unless what you really want is a terrarium.

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. The time just flies by these days. I was out catching up on my my shopping today. I was running out of essential items for the house (like toilet paper and coffee) so I went to SAM's Club and then Walmart. I also stopped by a couple of other places while I was out.

The day started out the day at a cold 33 degrees but we did warm up to 45 with light winds this afternoon. We are currently at 41 degrees and going down to a low temp of 31 tonight.

I didn't spend too much time in the fishroom today because I know that I will be down there all day tomorrow doing water changes and tidying things up.

I did spend some time today watching a few of Dean's videos on You Tube. He is very knowledgeable and I like how he has his fishroom organized. He is so neat and I am not.

Kobe started his day off wheezing a bit this morning but once I got his meds in him he was fine and we finished up the daylight portion of the day at the park where we walked about 1.25 miles. This is a lot less than we used to walk but I'll happily take it. He was energetic and happy and that's what matters most at this time.

I am headed back to the fishroom to finish up down there. I fed the fish a little while ago and I need to set up some BBS for tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

A 1 1/2 mile walk is way more than my little Tink could have managed when she started taking her heart meds.  She went back to enjoying trotting up and down my long dirt road and taking her time heading back home.  It warmed my heart being able to see her go back to a physical thing she'd always enjoyed doing.

Ron Sower

Alas, I only got one thing done in the fish room today...just didn't feel up to it, so I did the maintenance job then I took Lucy to the mall...sat in the car and finished my book...went to Costco for some winter clothes for the Tacoma trip...

Hope you're having good sleeps tonight...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron