• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 12:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 120
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Frosty Sunday

Started by wsantia1, January 08, 2023, 06:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We had a frost overnight and we were at 31 degrees when I woke up. The current temp is a 32 degrees but we will get up to a high temp of 46F this afternoon. Slightly warmer temps are in store for us the rest of the week so any precip that we get will be in the form of rain.

Football and fishroom work are on the agenda for me today. Luckily I moved my old 60 inch TV down to the basement when I replaced it for a new one last year. I can enjoy the games while I work in the fishroom. I would rather be watching the games while sitting in my recliner in the family room but I still have too much work to do in the fishroom. Starting tomorrow I need to change the focus of my cleanup to the rest of the house which needs a lot of attention.

I am trying to solve an issue where I get my Sterbai cories to breed and I hatch out the eggs but they die off before they they start feeding on there own. I know that I haven't ben too focused on it with everything that's been going on but it needs needs more attention.  So it's back to the drawing board on this one. huh

Hopefully you all have some fun on your agenda today. have a great day and I'll check in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's still warm here, but raining.  If it would just stop for a moment, I'd run out and feed Charlotte.

Willie, you might want to post on Fishlore about your Sterbai eggs.  There will be someone there that can help you out.

Barb, you absolutely must  try the fish stir fry I posted the recipe of yesterday.  If you don't want to devote the time it takes to do the prep, I'll be making it for you when you visit in April.  I was blown away by how flavorful it is.  In fact, I'm prepping the same thing for my meal today.  I used cat,fish.

When I'm done prepping lunch I'll get on making won tons.  The recipe makes 40 won tons that can be frozen and stored, but being just one little person, I'll just make 20.  This will be my first time making won tons so I know I'll be slow at it until I get the knack.

After lunch, the time I'm generally pooping out I'll see if I can't get another few tanks clean.  My Discus pair is very happy in their newly clean 40 breeder.

Ron, more plant work and club work for you today?  Barb, you're probably off to the shore or out with some of your lady friends for lunch.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Thanks Liz. I will look into that.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.