• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 07:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 166
Total: 167

Welcome to Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, January 07, 2023, 09:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning fellow Muggers.  It is beautiful outside.  It will get to the low 70 later.  But I won't be outside.  I'll be in the dungeon cleaning tanks and cloroxing breeding cones and some sponges that have what I believe to be hair algae growing on them.  Good think I'll be going to the pet store Monday because with sterilized sponges I'll for sure needing more Stability before I put fish in their newly clean tanks. 

I haven't done any more cleaning, and I won't get to cleaning tomorrow either since I plan on spending the day making won tons.  But the joint still looks good because I've kept up with keeping clean what I have cleaned.  Since Monday if fish store day, I'll wait until Tuesday before I tackle the kitchen.  It's not filthy by any means, but the big clean demands a plan of action which I've worked on in my sleep.  I'll start at the clearing out the cobwebs and dust the area above the cabinets and below the ceiling.  It's the obvious place to start, but I doubt I would have though of it right off the bat because I'm not very good cleaner until I put my mind to it.  If I had started without a plan, I'd have cleaned what was in front of my eyes first, and end up spilling dust all over all over the things under it which I'd already cleaned.  Can you tell, that house work is not my forte?

I'll check in later when I need a sit down to see what everyone is up to.  Willie, hope Kobi is well and your back is feeling better.  Hauling buckets like you did would put me in my grave.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone. It is cold here but not the usual January cold. It is currently 46 degrees under sunny skies and going up to 49F. If the rest of the winter were to stay this mild I'll happily take it.

Liz, Kobe is a little sluggish today but I got down on the floor with him and he wanted to play. I stopped playing with him when he started coughing but he seemed happy.

I am considering skipping his 1:00 pm dose of tramadol to see if he gets out of his stupor. If he starts coughing again I'll give it to him. I will give him his evening dose on schedule.

I also have to clean up my house but I won't be doing it this weekend. It's more sloppy than dirty but I wouldn't want company coming over, that's for sure.

I'll check in on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello Willie and Liz...and Barb when you check in!...

It's a nice 51 outside right now with blue morning sky...later it will go to low 60s with clouds moving in...

Today I'm going to prep stuff to take to the SAS meeting auction, and clean up and organize the fishroom...it's a mess and needs it!...one day I need to tackle the area out in our carport/patio area in which I made my dragonstone creations...I think I'm through that phase, since I've only worked on one still-unfinished project since July, 2021 when I had my knee replaced...I will finish that project, then get it done...but not until the temps are in the 70s...

Tonight Lucy is going to an ABBA tribute concert in a girls night out...while she's gone at least one person is coming to pick up plants and/fish...I have check my calendar to make sure I have the items ready!!!...

Okay, gang...that's it for me right now...have a wonderful day...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It seems that Willie got his fish work done yesterday and Ron and I are concentrating on aquatic stuff today.  I'm afraid that the fish room stuff will be as long a haul as the cleaning.  Now, I have done this and that that's not fish room related, but so far I only have 1 tank ready to move fish to.  When you're working with Clorox in fish tanks you have to be careful and take your time. 

My first tank done is one of my 2 Oceanic tanks.  They're my favorite Discus breeding tanks.  It's 20 years old and was looking like it.  Right now it looks new again.  I put 2 worthless gold rams in it to make sure it's save before I take them out and toss them out the door before I put one of my Discus pairs back in it.

Time to make lunch now.  I'll be making a fish stir fry.  Barb, I think that this is your kind of meal.  Here's the recipe which is also a great read.  https://thewoksoflife.com/fish-stir-fry/
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

I moved a lot of stuff in the "workcloset" out to the center of the fishroom...then the lady coming tonight said she wanted to come at 1:30...🤣 I had to hustle to reorganize  ;) ...got most of it where I think I'll want it...I'm resting now...typical backache...tomorrow I'll finish it...I'll go net the fish I'm taking tomorrow and put them into tubs for the night so I don't have to chase then in the morning before the meeting...

I'm going to watch football with the husband of the gal that's picking Lucy up tonight...

Hope you guys are having a good day!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron