• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:45:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 243
Total: 243

TGIF

Started by wsantia1, January 06, 2023, 05:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good Friday morning everyone. The temps are starting to come down here. Currently it is 45 degrees but we will top out at only 51F. For January around here that is still great but a little rain comes in tonight and we will drop down to 33F overnight.

Things are starting to stabilize in my household with Kobe still making progress and my fishroom starting to get back in shape. I never got to the turtle tank yesterday so that is on the agenda along with the cleaning of a mess in the Endler tank. There will be some culling necessary in that tank but I will not feed them to my healthy fish.

Once I get those things done I need to focus on myself. I woke up with aches and pains and a back flareup. I know it's from lifting buckets and in some cases fish tanks of water over the last couple of days. I could have just hooked up the hoses but in some cases it's easier to just use a bucket, especially where there are small fish involved.

Liz, I am sure that the vet will lower Kobe's meds as his condition improves but he definitely does not sleep as much as I thought/hoped he would. I would like him to slow up just a little bit more so that he can catch his breath. It's amazing how much energy this sick little dog still has.

Wishing you all a great day and I will check in on you all later.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, glad to hear little Kobe is doing better.  I know when he is feeling better it makes you feel better too.  Watch out for your back!  Don't do so many things that make it worse, even if you have to cut back on tanks.  It is what I have done.  Right now I have a sore back myself from sitting too long in a bad position on my couch, which I had thought was comfortable.  Apparently it is not.  I need to sit elsewhere and in a different way.  I am close to 6 mo. from my hip surgery, only 6 more to go until I am all healed up. Sure takes a long time.
It was warm here a few days, after the bitter cold, now it is getting cold again.  My poor goldfish are into and out of hibernation so often this winter.  The other day they were up looking for food, now they will go back down to the bottom and sit motionless again. 
You all have a good and healthy/safe day!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie and Barb.  It's chilly out right now but it will warm up to the mid 60's today. 

I'm not sure how much cleaning I'll get done today.  I'm not good for much in the afternoons and I need to go to town this morning for for beer, some groceries, and a couple of things at the hardware store.  I have a leaning 29 that I need to re-seal and my silicone is all dried up. 

My next cleaning job is the kitchen.  I've been cleaning cabinets, but I still have some of the high ones to do.  and there's old mail and junk on the kitchen counter I need to make order out of.  I come in the door and just toss everything on the counter so little by little, I have less and less working room.  This is the room that I'm least wanting to clean because of all the niggling little things that I know will take longer than I want them to.  But it's the first room people see when they come in the side door (nobody uses my front door) so it's important that I make it as squeaky clean as I can make it.

I guess I'd better get going.  I Ron, I'm glad your business is making you happy and you had hoped it would.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good morning!...

It's going to go up to 63 or so today...a few clouds now that will hang around...

Willie, have you ever known a JRT to be calm most of the time? ;) ;) I think they are probably one of the most lively dogs I know of...

I'm meeting Mike (shrimp guy) at a LFS at 10 this morning to pick up some L397 plecos and more pea puffers... the plecos are for an order I'll take to the meeting Sunday and the peas are to replenish my stock...they seem to be popular...

This afternoon we're playing cards...then we'll go for pizza after...

I sure miss my pond, Barb, but i like hearing about yours...your fish behave like mine did...

We always enter our home through the carport side door, pass through the utility/laundry room, then to the rightist a breakfast bar before entering the kitchen...there's where our mail and miscellaneous stuff gets dumped...we try to keep it clear, but it doesn't always work that way...usually it gets cleared well when we're cleaning before we have guests over or an "event"...Liz, I bet Willie and Barb have drop zones like that too! :D

You guys take care of your backs and have a good day!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Who would this be in our group? ;) :D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I would be getting rich on egg sales if it weren't for that damned fox.  Not really...I liked giving eggs away to the folks that appreciated truly free range eggs.  I sure do miss my flock of hens.  At least I have Chicken Chicken, even though she hasn't given me an egg for months and months.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz my drop spot is my kitchen island. I have to be careful because I have put bills there and forgot about them.

Ron I have never seen a "calm JRT" but I've learned to happily live with Kobe's energy in my life. He keeps me active and in shape. Those L397s are beauties.

Barb I know what you mean about couches. I thought my couch was the most comfortable one until I hurt my back and to to sit on it for long periods of time. I don't sit on it anymore and will be getting a new couch very soon. For the time being I have a comfortable recliner that has heat and massage and is comfortable.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.