• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 08:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

The real Wednesday

Started by Barb, January 04, 2023, 06:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Mug friends!  My birthday day yesterday, Tuesday, was very nice. I traveled to visit 2 different friends in 2 places. Had a good lunch at that Cracker Barrel, my friend and I got each other gifts in their gift shop, her birthday was 2 weeks ago.  She got me earrings and I got her some owl deco. for her home.  And the weather was great.  Today is to be a strange 78.  Last week was below freezing.  Some of my garden plants are really struggling.

Willie, good to hear you are getting Kobe on good meds to help him!  Give him a good hug from me.  Liz don't work too hard and make your back worse, just work slowly and it will get done, no rush.  Ron, you are always busy doing interesting things, how is your leg healing up?

Today is  discus tank cleaning day, my adult tank.  My young discus tank is doing great, I feed them 4-5 times a day, do 80% wc every other day.  Endler babies in the LR bowl are so cute Liz!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning real Tuesday's birthday girl.  Glad you had a nice day.

First, I want to brag on Chicken Chicken.  When I let her in for the night last night she went straight for her cage and jumped in all by herself.  Letting her out in the morning, I opened up the front door, her cage door and she went right outside all by herself.  Before, I was having to catch her to put her in the cage, and carrying her out in the morning.  What a smart hen!  I wish I had done this years ago.

We had some kind of weather last night.  It surprised be because all day long the radio was running Tornado warnings all over the State, and we didn't have anything but on and off rain.  But by bedtime for the fish, the thunder and lightning started.  The phone started going off with alerts.  Turns out that there was a tornado warning with the tornado down the highway 5 miles, headed to Moselle.  I got in bed and turned on the TV and watched a little tube.  Just before I went to sleep I checked the fish room one more time and while I was down there their was a huge dog trembling crack of thunder.  I heard crack and saw electricity sparks seemingly coming from the area of my utility sink (?)  I checked the breaker box, but no circuits had tripped.  I did have to reset my internet and un plug and plug back my Fire Stick.  It thundered and lightninged through most of the night but the worst had past.  Today the sky is beautifully clear and it will be in the 70's.  Go figure...

My bedroom and bathroom are works of art in cleanliness and I was feeling physically strong.  But I did have more pain during the night than usual and this morning I'm slow getting going.  I think I'll have a take it easy day.

That's it for me.  Time to get out of my jammies and decide what I can get done in the sitting position.  Hope you all have a lovely day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello Muggers,... right now it's 60 with a few clouds and going to 62 or so...second day in a row when we're seeing some sunlight again!...yippeee skippeeee!... :D

Yesterday was a semi-busy day for me...Lucy had her card class, while I worked on odds and ends of doing stuff...working on pricing for the fish I'm selling...a young lady who has bought from me before came and bought several plants and gave me $$ for my pair of gold Apisto McMasteri and a trio of Apisto aggazzi...I got some nice young Sterbai corys, pea puffers, pandas, blue dream shrimp, amanos, blue rillis and orange Sunkist...new plants will be in next week...fair amount of interest in the peas after I posted availability in FB group pages...

After noon yesterday I went to clubhouse to setup the console and bingo board for last night's games, and I was stepping down the 3 steps off the stage and did a forward sideways roll to the floor...I was a bit achey and sore in my hip and knees...today the hip is sore...there were 3 ppl in the room and as I started getting up I said..."Now! For my next act...".

Today Lucy is now working on some cards...we're planning on going to see a movie matinee at 1:20...Ticket to Paradise with Clooney and Roberts...a chick flick...it didn't get great reviews but we seldom see things the same way as the "experts"...

That tornado must have been scary, Liz...I so happy it didn't come your way directly...and who'd a thought you'd become a chicken trainer in your "golden" years...!!" |^| (I think our golden years are pretty much tarnished! :(...how about you?...)

Your birthday sounds like a good time, Barb...we do birthdays like that with Stan and Barb...and they're fun...next Tuesday is Stan's and we're going to a Japanese restaurant on that Wednesday to celebrate it with him... I remember that while I was living in VA how our spring plants would pop up if we had a warm break in a cold winter then die back when it froze again...seems like nature and good genetics allowed them to pop back up when the real spring arrived...!

Okay Willie...your turn!...where are you now?... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I bet Willie and Kobi are still catching up on sleep.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening friends. I wish I was sleeping all day but instead I spent most of the day in the fishroom catching up on my maintenance. I did a lot down there but it doesn't look like it because there is so much stuff still left to do.

Kobe seems to be doing better as he is coughing less and with less intensity. He is eating all of his food and getting his sleep. In fact his coughing hasn't woken me up the last couple of days. We even went to the park the last couple of days but for much shorter walks.

Barb it sounds like you had a nice birthday and I am happy to hear that.

Liz that chicken of yours sounds smart. It's a good thing that she is not messing up your house.

Ron I'm happy that your business is moving along nicely. When the weather gets better I will be looking at you for plants. I also need lessons on keeping them alive. I have no problem keeping Java Moss alive.

Good night all. I am tired now.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.