• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 151
Total: 152

Warm Wednesday

Started by wsantia1, January 03, 2023, 04:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Happy Birthday Barb. Hopefully you will have a great day and a great meal at the Cracker Barrel. I love their food and when warm enough I love rocking on their rocking chairs in front of the restaurant.

Good morning everyone. I have to say it was a quiet night here and I finally got some good sleep. I hope it continues.

I have a lot of fishroom stuff to catch up on today but hopefully I can ease into it so that I don't cause anymore problems by getting hurt.

Besides a 24% chance of rain it is going to be a very nice day here with the current temp at 49 degrees and the high temp forecasted to get up to 64 degrees this afternoon. Hopefully I will be outside enough to enjoy it.

I wish the all of you Muggers a great day and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Happy Birthday, Barb.  You've caught up with me again, but I'll never let you pass me ;)  I hope you have a great day.

Willie, Tink was on Enalapril, too.  I think it was something other than Tramadol that they put her on to make her sleep and stay calm, but Tramadol should do the same thing.  Tink had been symptomatic for a lot longer than Kobi, and I think she would still be with me if the fox hadn't taken her from me.  I'm sure that now that he's on the right meds, you two will have very many more good years together.

I know that big head was on tramadol for a long time for an injury.  Since I don't go into Hattiesburg a lot, whenever I was there, I'd stop by the vet's and pick up another batch of pills for him.  I know that once, even though I'm well known at this vet, they got suspicious that I was getting too much of a controlled drug.    I just told them why and since they know me, they believe me.  So even though it's much easier to get it for an animal, they have to keep an eye on how much they give out.

The rain is just now coming in and it will rain all day today.  It will still be in the 70's though.  I'll be inside cleaning anyway so except for horse feeding at noon and 5 the rain doesn't bother me.  I never got the energy to get the office and bedroom mopped yesterday.  The spirit was willing but my body was weak.  There's nothing better than a wonderful night's sleep to make the pain go away and makes me want to bust my ass a little more.  We'll see how long I last and how much I get done before I start to poop out today.  I'll start with the bathroom.  It's already presentable, but it's not squeaky clean like a bathroom I'd feel good about letting a visitor use.  From there I'll move on to the bedroom which should also be an easy job because, like the bathroom, I keep my bedroom pretty clean.  After that it will be harder going.  Washing walls and cleaning windows isn't the easiest thing for the old body, but it will just get worser and worser if I do nothing.

Ron, I don't know how many times I meant and forgot to thank you and Miss Lucy for such a lovely handmade Christmas card.  Miss Lucy does wonderful work.

I'll check in later.  I've had my cup of coffee and it's time to get going.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz Kobe was given something else initially instead of Tramadol but his main vet did not like like the side effects of that medication so she switched him to Tramadol. Kobe is still coughing but the cough is a lot milder and much less frequent than before.

He's resting comfortably after cleaning up his food bowl for the first time in several days. Kobe is not a picky eater and he always empties his bowl but he hasn't been doing that lately.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Barb...Hope you've had a happy birthday...

I'll get back on here later to chat more...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron