• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 220
Total: 220

Tuesday Good Day

Started by LizStreithorst, January 02, 2023, 08:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning clubbers.  I turned the corner yesterday and got a lot of fish work and house work done.  So far this morning, I've done more fish room work and have half of my mopping done.  The back is a real PITA but I'm over that terrible bug, thank God.  The back alone is bad enough to deal with.  It feels so good when I wake up in the morning ready to get up and get to doing stuff.  Then the moment I stand up the pain comes back and takes a lot of the steam out of me.  I'm so glad I'm not one of those people who simply cannot deal with pain.

Would you believe that it hit 77 yesterday and will hit 78 today?  Every time I put my shorts away for the winter it turns back into summer on me. 

I hope y'all had a good day yesterday.  What do you have planned today?  Willie, did Kobi and you have a better night last night?

Well, I'm done with my necessary sit down break.  I'm going to head back down to the fish room and finish up WC.  I've found that it's easier on the back to shift from one kind of work to another than to do just one thing over and over until it's finished and then move to the next job.  There is such an enormous amount of house work to do around here, I don't think I'd ever get it to be pristine like normal people's houses even if I were healthy.  But as long as there's nothing do do outside, at least I'll be able to chip away at it little by little.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz!  Glad you are feeling better and can get some things done around the house. Do you have any chickens left?  Would you believe eggs are $7 dz in WalMart today?  Unbelievable and I don't even know why.  Did lots of chickens die or something?  What happened?  Just 2 mo. ago I could get a dz for less than $2.  I got a carton of Eggbeaters, which are seasoned egg whites, to use for some baking and cooking.  It was $4.

It got up to 70 today, and I took 2 different walks, one alone and one with 6 other ladies, downtown by the river. Then got a car wash and cleaned and vacced the inside.  Grocery shopping and a salad for lunch at HT salad bar. 

Tomorrow is my birthday so will be traveling for 90 min, each way, to meet a friend for lunch at a Cracker Barrel, we are meeting midway between our cities.  My birthday was always so special because it was Bill's also.  Not so special anymore.   But I am always thankful for another successful trip round the sun!
You all have a good rest of your day,
Barb

wsantia1

Good evening Liz, Barb and everyone. It's been a rough couple of days but I believe things will be slowing down on that front.

I just got back from my regular vet and she put Kobe on a new med schedule. He is now taking Enalapril 5mg and she upped his tramadol up from 1 pill every 12 hours to 1 pill every 8 hours. The funny thing is that she gave me 90 pills plus 3 refills on the tramadol for Kobe while my own doctor will only give me 90 pills with no refills because human can't get refills of tramadol in this state. I have to see the doctor every time I run out for a new script. huh

Barb my eggs cost about $4.50 a dozen here and that's about double what they used to be. I was told it was because avian flu is impacting egg laying chickens but not impacting the non egg laying chickens in the same way.. Something about non egg laying chickens being harvested at a young age before the flu hits them. huh   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi, Barb.  I've been meaning to ask how your new grandfish are doing.

Willie, I didn't know why avian flue didn't hit the broiler houses.  I know that the breed of chicken we buy at the supermarket to eat is bred to grow big fast.  They send them to the processing plant at 6 weeks.

Another interesting (only to me) thing is that a meat bird is a most stupid chicken.   Layers are much more intelligent, and interesting bird.  Meat goats are dumber than Dairy goats and beef cows are stupider than dairy cows.

I only have the one hen left.  I think she's past laying age. I decided yesterday that I'd been spoiling her too much by letting her spend so much time inside.  I put a cover on the furniture she hangs around on, but the dogs get on the furniture as well, and the covers get moved around and sometimes she shits on the furniture.  When she walks around the house she shits at will and I'm always having to pick up chicken shit.  I came to the end of my patience.  She now will be in one of my grooming cages when she comes down to sleep at night, and when the sun comes up she will have to stay outside.  I feel kind of bad about it because chickens are designed to live in a flock.  Since she's the only one left, she thinks of the cat, the dogs and me as her flock.  Since I don't spend the time I used to outside neither do the dogs, although Cat prefers outside to inside most of the time.

See y'all in the morning :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good event muggers!...

It didn't get out of the 50s today and was cloudy...but I'm surviving ok...

Lucy had a card class today, and I stayed in my fishroom working on pricing for all the new items Mike brought to me yesterday...next step is to construct a photo tank so I can get decent pics of the shrimp and fish...yes...I'm still having fun!...

An insurance adjuster came by today to check the roof...ridge capping shingles blew off...he noted other damages too...now we wait 10-14 days for insurance company to get back to us...those monsoon winds were strong!...

Last eggs we bought were $4.99dz...so our Social Security pay increases and so does every thing else! :D :D :D

Good to see you up and at 'em today Liz...I work like that too...do some, rest a bit, then on to the next...

Well, Barb...looks like you have an enjoyable day lined up....Happy Birthday a little early... ;D

That's weird about the Tramadol, Willie...who knows what's going on? ::) I'm glad you're gonna have Kobe a bit longer now...

Nite all!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron