• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:30:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 188
Total: 188

New Year’s Day, 2023

Started by Ron Sower, January 01, 2023, 01:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

HappyNewYear, Mugclubbers!...I'm still up a little after 12AM and wanted to be the first to wish all of you the aforementioned greeting first today! :D

Great news Willie...you were sounding pretty depressed and I hated to "hear" it in your post...

Goodnight all...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Happy New Year friends, hope 2023 will be a great one for all of us, pets too!  I am going to the beach today, just a couple hrs out there, eating lunch at the surf line sitting in my  beach chair.  It is to be about 65 there, this time last week was below 20!  Then taking dinner to my neighbor to eat with her this evening.  I am making turnip greens with country ham, black eyed peas with ham and cornbread. 
This is a traditional southern new years meal to bring good luck for the coming year.  What are all of you doing today?
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning and Happy New Year, my friends.  Willie, it's a relief to hear that you are felling a bit better.  I think you're eight about Kobi's enlarged heart causing the pressure on the trachea.  The meds helped my little sweet little Tink with her enlarged heart and constant coughing.  The vet gave her a drug to make the heart beat stronger and another to relax her and allow her to sleep through the night.  She sure slept a lot but the coughing mostly stopped.  Her quality of life was still acceptable when the fox took her from me.  How did your Kobi do last night?

I'm feeling a good bit better today.  For the past few days I've had to divide my water changes to some tanks in the morning and others in the evening.  I've been able to accomplish a lot in the fish room.  I've been treating my empty tanks with PP so they will be squeaky clean when it's time to put fish back in them.

I'm still a little foggy headed, but nothing like yesterday.  I had 2 chicken leg quarters I wanted to make stock from.  When the stock was ready, I put the colander in the sink forgetting to put a bowl under it to collect the stock.  So the stock went down the drain while I was left with the pretty much flavorless boiled chicken.  At least I'm not that bad today.  I've been able to sleep through the night with out cold sweats.  Hopefully, I'll be totally over in a few more days.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy new year again!...

Liz although foggy headed you sound like you're getting better...

I just got up 40 minutes ago...our dinner party last night was a lot of fun and a perfect combination of couples...the rib roast turned out perfect too...Lucy had a few moments of panic yesterday afternoon when the meat thermometer showed the roast cooking way too fast...so I recommended taking it out after 2 hours and leave it sitting, which she did...then she put it back in the oven 30 minutes before dinner was served...turned out perfect  |eat| |eat| |eat|...one couple brought Stuffed mushroom appetizers, one brought Italian cream cake, another a spinach salad, and the fourth couple brought twice-baked potatoes...after dessert we all had a small aperitif glass of an espresso tequila we brought back from Mexico...more deliciousness there!...afterward we played Apples to Apples (which had us laughing a lot) until right before 10 when we turned on the TV to watch the ball drop in Willie's New York...shortly after, all went home...it was a good ending to 2022 and beginning of 2023 for us...

While I've been writing this, Lucy's been loading the dishwasher with half the dishes from last night...we'll do the other half later today...

At 12:30 she and I will go a nearby Walmart to meet the gal and pick up the blue rili shrimp...then have some lunch before coming home...this afternoon, Mike is bringing me the shrimp and nano fish to stock my tanks with...meanwhile I'm not gonna do much else today...if I lived near the beach, like you Barb, I'd be doing the same as you...! To think...I almost ended up down your way when I was in my late 20s and I probably wouldn't have met Aron in Seattle who introduced me to Mugwumps...

I hope all of you are feeling well or better today and are getting off to a good start of the year...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 01, 2023, 10:51:33 AM
Good morning and Happy New Year, my friends.  Willie, it's a relief to hear that you are felling a bit better.  I think you're eight about Kobi's enlarged heart causing the pressure on the trachea.  The meds helped my little sweet little Tink with her enlarged heart and constant coughing.  The vet gave her a drug to make the heart beat stronger and another to relax her and allow her to sleep through the night.  She sure slept a lot but the coughing mostly stopped.  Her quality of life was still acceptable when the fox took her from me.  How did your Kobi do last night?

High everyone and Happy New Year. Kobe's situation sounds a lot like Tink's. Kobe got meds to relax but nothing for making the heart beat stronger but he didn't need that. for the moment he's got Tramadol 50 mg, Diphenoxylate HCL 2.5 and Doxycycline 100 mg to help against secondary infections.

He did not have a great night yesterday but his cough was not as strong as the previous night. So far he has not coughed that much today. My biggest concern is that he is not eating much today. Not that worried about that yet because he has eaten a little and he is drinking water.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 01, 2023, 12:42:50 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 01, 2023, 10:51:33 AM

High everyone and Happy New Year. Kobe's situation sounds a lot like Tink's. Kobe got meds to relax but nothing for making the heart beat stronger but he didn't need that. for the moment he's got Tramadol 50 mg, Diphenoxylate HCL 2.5 and Doxycycline 100 mg to help against secondary infections.

He did not have a great night yesterday but his cough was not as strong as the previous night. So far he has not coughed that much today. My biggest concern is that he is not eating much today. Not that worried about that yet because he has eaten a little and he is drinking water.
|^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron