• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 02:09:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 128
Total: 129

New Year's Eve

Started by wsantia1, December 31, 2022, 05:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning all. I just wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year. I'm probably going to go dark for a couple of weeks while I deal with my current situation. Thank you all for the best wishes for Kobe but if I don't see improvement in his condition with the new meds I will do what I have to do. Thanks again everybody and have a great New Year.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, we understand if you are absent for awhile.  And we will be thinking of you and Kobe. As you know, we all have been where you are with our pets.  It is hard.  But you will make it through, as we all have. 

It is 60, foggy and some rain here this morning.  Tonight is to be very warm and more rain.  Lots of local parties and celebrations are cancelled, ones that were outside.  I am going out to dinner with friends, but will be home by 9 to watch TV shows bringing in the new year.  Too warm to use my fireplace.

Hope you all have a good and safe night.
Barb

Ron Sower

Hello friends...

Willie, grief is something we all experience...each of us handles it differently...Personally I don't like you going dark, because along with our other regular friends here, I look forward to your daily visits with us...but I do understand...please hurry back!...

Well, we're ending another calendar year today...they seem to go by faster and faster...looking back out of the eyes of one side of the head of the Roman god Janus, we see that the earth is still here; the human population is still here, and we see that certain factions of it continue with their ever-forward thrust of dominating the rest of mankind!...

Out of the other side of the head of Janus, we see a new year coming in, bringing along with it hope for peace and prosperity for humanity...

Personally I hope to continue to enjoy my life with my wife, my family, and my friends, which includes you Muggers!... ;)

Today it's 53 right now and looking at 64 this afternoon...still have clouds covering the area...and we had rain again last night...I'm not complaining...the drought in some localities has really gotten serious...foreign cattle raising farms have been drilling wells on their massive lands here in AZ to irrigate their alfalfa crops they send back to The Emirates to feed their livestock because their own government has cut them off from using their own water because of their drought there...meanwhile some small localities are without water now...it's an interesting situation...

In a few minutes, I'll finish my part of the house cleaning that didn't get done yesterday...mainly the final phase of cleaning the floors and my bathroom...the prime rib (actually, it's choice rib) has thawed and we'll begin cooking it around 2pm...I'm looking forward to eating it...

Stay safe this evening friends, and have fun...and I hope the fireworks around you don't frighten your pets too much...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good evening friends. After doing some research and speaking with a few folks who have been through this issue and are willing to offer advice when necessary I have decided to give Kobe and the vets that I will be dealing with the benefit of the doubt that they deserve.

If I give him his meds like I am supposed to do and try to curb his excitability as much as possible there is plenty of data that suggest that Kobe should be able to live his life like any normal 13 (January 17th) year old dog. Of course he is a Jack Russell so even with this current issue he is still hyper and excitable. The meds I am giving him help reduce anxiety and hyper activity.

Normally Jack Russells are not susceptible to a collapsed trachea but all breeds can get it, especially smaller breeds.

I think with Kobe a factor could be that he has an enlarged heart that at times pushes into trachea so that may be a part of the problem. He is also a little overweight so he going to have to shed about 5 pounds. for his age he should be np more than 20 pounds but as of yesterday he was 24.8 pounds. We'll work on that with his vet.

Other than that I will not be going dark Ron. lol

Have a Happy New Year everyone. I am laying low this holiday.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Well this in encouraging news Willie.  I hope you and Kobe will be enjoying 2023 together after all.  I bet he can lose weight with a special vet directed diet.  One of my cats, 13 in Jan. is now on a very expensive wet and dry food for her kidney disease.  What we won't do for our pets, right?  Happy New Year to both you and Kobe, and Liz and Ron and Greg and Dennis!
Barb