• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169

Friday greetings

Started by Barb, December 30, 2022, 07:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks, I see we all missed yesterday here.  Liz and Willie are you both OK?  How is Kobe?  Baby discus Liz?  Ron I know you and Lucy are busy.  I am well and it is much warmer here now, almost too warm after the temps in the teens for days.  I have a lot of garden plants in poor shape now, but hope they will all put out new growth in the spring.  Lots of brown leaves that should still be green now.

I am concerned about my son in law.  He has had the flu over 2 weeks and may have progressed to pneumonia now.  But he is stubbornly resisting the Dr. trip, and still going to work.  Will let you know how his works out.

Happy New Year to you all, almost! I am going out for Chinese dinner with some friends New Yrs Eve, even though it will be pouring rain here.  60 and rain.  See you here later on today I hope!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. I was kind of busy yesterday and before you know it I had to go to bed early because I was up half the night with Kobe. Last night was not much better for Kobe but thankfully he is sleeping at this moment.

I am waiting for a call from a different vet than the one I normally use. I did get some meds for Kobe but the meds are not doing anything for his cough. Hopefully the new vets can help me out. They come highly recommended.

I am tired so I haven't been focusing on the fishroom except for feedings. Hopefully things will change for the better over the next day or so. I hate going into a holiday weekend with Kobe feeling this way.

Have a good day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's the most annoying malady.  They always get over it but until they do eventually and then you both get to have a good long sleep.  Kennel cough is always out there.  All it takes is dog to come in that is at the time asymptomatic and next thing you know, every dog in the kennel is coughing.

There is a vaccine, but it does such a poor job that for any immunity at all it has to be given several times a year.  Only worth it is you board a lot.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Hi guys, I'm here and that's about it.  I feel terrible but it's not covid and it's not the flu.  It was raining hard earlier, but at least it's warm.  Shit, yesterday was 70 and I felt too bad to go out and enjoy it.  It'll pass and I'll get back to normal.

Barb, dad has quite a few kids attached.  Not a ton.  Mom probably dispatched a bunch before I took her out.  If I can get them eating from dad a few more days I'll be able to start them on BBS and avoiding any screw-ups I'll be home free.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 30, 2022, 01:13:06 PM
It's the most annoying malady.  They always get over it but until they do eventually and then you both get to have a good long sleep.  Kennel cough is always out there.  All it takes is dog to come in that is at the time asymptomatic and next thing you know, every dog in the kennel is coughing.

There is a vaccine, but it does such a poor job that for any immunity at all it has to be given several times a year.  Only worth it is you board a lot.

Unfortunately I got a second opinion and Kobe has a collapsed trachea and not kennel cough. :( They gave me some drugs to ease the coughing but the surgery option on a dog his age (13) is not a good option. The drugs can help for a while but this will be devastating for me. I hope the drugs ease his coughing but I will not let him suffer.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Oh no.  Treasure the time you have left together.

Barb

I' m sorry to hear this news Willie.  I will be thinking of you and Kobe, as Liz said I agree with. 
Barb :(

Ron Sower

Willie, I'm saddened to hear this about Kobe...we know you care a lot for your little pal...any idea what causes a trachea to collapse?...

We're having a 60 degree afternoon and clouds all day...I got a haircut this morning and went grocery shopping afterwards...after lunch we've been dusting and arranging furniture...Lucy's leaving now to find some liqueur glasses...I'll will attend to cleaning the floors while she's gone...

...we're thawing a prime rib for dinner with 4 couples invited here at 5:30 tomorrow...everyone has assigned things to bring...we'll do cocktails and appetizers, dinner, visit, watch the ball drop on east coast and they'll all head home by 10 or sooner! ;D ;D ;D...in their golf carts!!!...this group is not heavy into alcohol, which suits us just fine...none of us will be out on the public streets either...

Not much going on aquarium-wise this week...I did put together my order for shrimp, shrimp foods and some nano fish...I'll get them Monday when Mike brings them to me...Sunday I'll be picking up a couple dozen blue rili shrimp from a local hobbyist...looking forward to getting the shrimp started again...

Hey Barb...the flu for 2 weeks sounds a bit long, don't you think?...is he like my Lucy?...she refuses to go to doctors...

Liz, please take good care of yourself... I hope you get over whatever it is you have real soon... This is been a bad year for sickness from any of all of us...

I hope everybody's having a good evening, and we'll chat again tomorrow I hope...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron collapsing trachea is a genetic defect.  It is most usual to see it in short nosed dogs.  I've ever seen it a Jack Russell.

Ron, was Kobi not coughing from time to time before he went to board?  Dogs usually go on with this condition for a long time.  It depends on how bad it is.  It's usually a gradual thing, like my damn degenerative disc disease.  Too much exercise is bad as is excitement of any kind.  Willie, Kobi knows you love him.  Even we know.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron