• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:43:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

Chilly Friday

Started by wsantia1, December 09, 2022, 06:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. The chilly air is back with the current temp at 36 degrees but getting yup to a high temp of 48 degrees by this afternoon. Unlike yesterday the sun will be with us all day.

I actually have nothing on the agenda today for a change so I will be catching up on some rest but I will also sprinkle in some fishroom work. It may be a good day to try to rebuild my AL-60 air pump. It looks easy on you tube.

A few years ago I switched to mostly sponge filters but I still have a few Aquaclear filters laying around. I will have them ready as backup filters in case something goes wrong.

Have a great day everyone and I will check in with you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie...and Liz & Barb...!

We're at 46 now with a high of 63 and sunshine...

I think I might have been on my feet too much yesterday...less pain in the leg this morning...

Oil change and some paperwork lined up for today...that's about it for now!..I'll chk in later...

Have a good day all ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning gents, and Barb, I hope, later.  I'll be in shorts and T shirt again today.  North of me they're having rain, but not here.

I was so miserable yesterday but I still managed an abbreviated WC.  Just 5 tanks.  I feel pretty good today but I'm still going to take life easy.  I did a little fish room work earlier and would like to do more, but it would involve climbing and stretching.  Besides, it's just cosmetic so no rush. 

I have 5 large cardboard boxes that I'll break down and put on the veggie garden.  I'll have to pull some dead weeds first but that will be easy.  The cardboard will keep the dirt soft for planting next spring.  Of course, I'll have to do something about fencing.  Since I can't do it myself any more, I'll ask Shawn.  It'll be a piece of cake for him.

The guy who bought the $1000. worth of rams asked me about buying all I have left shortly after they arrived.  I wrote him back but heard nothing from him until this morning.  He wants me to give him a price on all I have.  Just among us, I think he's crazy.  But I breed fish so I can sell fish.  I'll figure him up a price later today.  He'll have to wait until after Jan 15th though.  I'm spooky about shipping from December to the middle of January.

If anything interesting happens later today, I'll let you know.  Be happy everybody.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie, Ron and Liz.  It is a chilly day here too, but before yesterday there were a few warmish days.  My goldfish were even swimming around thinking Spring had arrived.  Wrong, it is back to cold today.  I am feeling well and way less stressed than the past couple months. 

My garden club is working on our holiday arrangements we make from fresh greenery and nursery bought flowers, pinecones,  twigs, ribbons, etc. We sell them tomorrow at the farmer's market downtown.  It is one of our big fundraisers for the year.  And we had our holiday party yesterday.  I  have several parties to go to this year.  Even 2 on Christmas day and 1 on the eve.

Leaving on a road trip this Sunday, 800 mi. on my new car tires.  Going up to DC area and Baltimore.
And a cruise to the Bahamas in Feb. then to visit Liz in April, Minnesota in July and another cruise in Aug.  I have been saying that 2023 is a travel year for me.  And the NC mountains in Oct.

You all take it easy, especially you Ron on your healing leg.  Willie and Liz, be careful!!
Barb

Ron Sower

It's so good to know you're less stressed now, Barb!...and, holy cow!...you're going to do some traveling next year!...good for you!...but it looks like you're missing Arizona in your plans...let us know if you can work Az in...we got room fer ya!...  ;)

So Liz...you're going to keep some of your rams, right?...to continue breeding them?...

We finished decorating our interior today...I also  worked  on some odious paperwork...

Goodnight all....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, I'll keep and breed rams for as long as their is a demand for them.
Always move forward. Never look back.