• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:35:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

Thursday

Started by Ron Sower, December 08, 2022, 10:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello Muggers!...

Well, it looks like the cloudy, rainy days have moved out...but it's staying chilly here...it's 48 ATM and going to 64...

Yesterday I had a squamous cell carcinoma removed from my leg...I think I wrote earlier that I had a biopsy done...she took a chunk about the diameter between a quarter and half-dollar out yesterday...she wants me to stay off my feet and in a recliner with my leg up...RIGHT!...here at Christmas-time with all kinds of things going on!...I'll do what I can to follow instructions...

We'll be decorating inside today...it takes the whole afternoon and into the night usually...we'll see what Miss Lucy has in mind this year and how extensively she wants to decorate!...the major thing this year will be decorating our golf cart for the parade thru the community on the 16th...we'll take 2 days to do that! ;D ...it's going to be a flamingo theme for us...last year was the Grinch...we won 2n$ or 3rd place then...!

Last night we went down the street to a party with friends...had a good time and we're getting to know more really nice and fun ppl in here...I'm not missing our Florence group quite as much...actually there are only 3 couples left there that we still do things with now...but they're like family...

I called the second half of Bingo Tuesday night and didn't shut down the whole system this time...!!! |^| I'm enjoying it...we "callers" all bought Hawaiian style Christmas shirts and wore them...made a hit!...we'll wear them through the season!!!

Guess I'd better have some cereal and get my day started...happy aquariuming, friends!!!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

She must thought it getting to be advanced if since she (and you) decided that it could be put off until after the holidays.  Still, that's a pretty big hunk of skin she took out.  How deep did she have to go? They only go deep if they think they have to.  Please take it easy and put your foot up about half the time.  Many small foot up times is better than one large foot up time.  Healing goes on while we're asleep, too.

It's an other amazingly warm day.  I didn't get to really enjoy it.  Today was pain doctor day.  That wouldn't be that bad except that my appointment was a 2.  I'm not allowed to take my pain drugs the day of the appointment, I imagine because if I were to take them I'd pee positive for opioids, and I'm on Tramadol.  I'm actually kind of proud of myself that, although I had to ask them to up on my dosage, I'm still not having to take hard stuff.  But to pee clean today, I'd have to have missed both my 7 am and 2 am doses of pain drugs.  I had to have a 45 minute  lie down before I went.

My old pain doctor is no longer there so I got to see the Pain Practioner again.  It was the same lady and I didn't even remember her name.  I never remember names.  I'll have to call on the sly and ask.  I was glad, because I like her better, which I told her.  She seems to like me, too.  She laughs when I joke.  In fact, they have an entirely new crew from receptionist on thorough.  I like the new crew better, too.  They are much more personable.  Their dress is also more relaxed which makes me feel more relaxed.

The Pain Practioner examined me again according to my diagnosis.  It's just a couple things with leg movements.  She said, "good strength".  I told her about how I was once Wonder Woman and told her just some to the stuff I used to to and told her how much I loved it.  I shook my head and told her that Dr. Leigh told me that I'd still have what I have even if I'd worked in an office.  It surprised me when she said, "may be worse".  I took a second and we both said "the strength". at the same time.

Before I left the the the lady who call in prescriptions who I think it the one who calls to confirm appointments, make sure they had my scrip according to my wishes.  She pronounced my name correctly, which is so very rare.  She said that she makes a point of pronouncing names correctly.  People always get hers wrong.  Her name is Sabrina.  What's so hard about that?

We had a short exchange as I left. Because of what we were chatting about, she gave me a hugged her back.  I'll remember that her name is Sabrina when I'm back there in 3 months. 

For the first time since I've gone there for treatment I have never been treated like a real person with feelings other that "the patient at hand".

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. The sun was finally out for a change. I haven't seen it in a week. It got up to 60 degrees today but it quickly fell back into the low 50s where it is now.

I've been out of the house most of the day "finishing" up my Christmas shopping. Of course I didn't finish anything because I went back to the house to drop something off and got stuck in the fish room and lost a lot of time.  huh

Ron I agree with Liz, that is a big chunk of meat coming out of that leg. Try not do too much on it and keep us posted on your recovery. I'll be thinking about you.

Liz, what are they looking for when you take those drug test? I guess weed and things other than tramadol? It's terrible that you have to go through all that. At least today's visit went very well for you.

Barb, hopefully you doing ok today.

Have a great evening everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Liz...check the prescribing medical person's name on your new prescription label....Won't that be the practitioners name?...

The incision are a is hurting tonight....if it's doing that in the morning, or going to take the bandage off tomorrow and see if it might be infected...that would be 1 day early...

Night all...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron