• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 05:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 268
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 288
Total: 288

Rainy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, December 06, 2022, 08:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It will be raining all day but it will be mostly light rain or showers. It is currently 46 degrees and going up to 53F this afternoon so at least the temps are working in our favor.

I had a back shot yesterday but first I went to the wrong place because I failed to read the instructions and assumed that at the same place I had my previous shots. The new location was about 15 miles away and luckily for me I am always early so I had enough time to make my appointment.

While doing the procedure the doctor went in a little deeper than usual based on what she was seeing on the imaging so I felt a little pain. After all that I had to drive 45 miles home so I was pretty much wiped out. I feel pretty good this morning though.

I've got some extra work to do in the fishroom today because did absolutely nothing yesterday down there yesterday.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in a little bit later.  Barb, my thoughts are with you..
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, you don't know how lucky you are that the shots work so well for you and I'm glad you feel up to doing stuff today.  I don't, but I'm not complaining.  I just spent too much time standing yesterday.  They felt sorry for me at the hardware store the 2nd time I went in carrying my heavy air pump.  I must have looked very old and bent because they tried to carry it back to the car for me after the lady who knows everything got the part I needed.  I appreciated it, but I don't want help when I can do something myself.

The weather has been crazy lately.  It will get up to 77 later and will hit 80 tomorrow!  As crazy as the weather systems all over the world have been, this could have easily been a cold front as a warm front.  If it had been a cold front it might have gotten down to the teens!  I'm enjoying it, but I know that plants are confused.  Barb, your elephant ear that died back during the cold week we had is putting out new big leaves!  I have those tiny white daffodils with their flowers in a cluster blooming. I had a confused mocking bird the other day who was trying to attack his reflection in my office window so I had to cover it.  Then he attacked his "enemy" in one of the fish room windows so I put a big piece of Styrofoam in front of it.

I felt so wonderful when I walked down to the fish room this morning.  I had bubbles galore and the pump was as close to silent that I wouldn't have even heard it had I not know that I had an air pump down there.

I'll be doing most all sitting work today.  Shawn took down a bunch of PVC from the water system that I no longer use.  I'll cut off pieces that are long enough to keep and toss the rest.  I'd like to sweep and vacuum both the house and the fish room, but that's standing and walking work, so I'll only do it if I don't think I'll hurt my back.  Otherwise I'll just lie down on the fishroom sofa and read.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz you are absolutely right that the shots work for me and they last me 3 to 4 months. As for the weather you don't know how happy I am that the temps are warmer than usual. If we had freezing temps we would be under a whole bunch of snow right now.

While I was in the fishroom I saw a dead Endler stuck in the Java Moss and when I went in to get him out I fell into a rabbit whole. Underneath that lush Jana Moss was a bunch of melted Java Moss. I had to clean this tank out very carefully so that I didn't pull out any Endlers and then I had to go through all of that removed Java Moss to make sure that there were no fish in it. That took quite a while and now I still have to set the tank back up. I did find fish in that JM and I would say that there are well over 100 Endlers in that tank.

Through that whole process I only found the 1 dead guppy but I had to rescue a whole bunch of Endlers from that melted and dyeing Java Moss. In addition to that melted Java Moss there was a a bunch of Duck Weed that I was able to get rid of. This tank and my shrimp tank are the only tanks that I have Duck Weed in. All of my other tanks are clean. I will make this tank a clean tank too but I will have to clean it all out and introduce some clean JM from one of my other tank. I wont be able to do that today because I have so much other stuff to do down there. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody, late today.  I am doing OK, just finishing up post funeral bill paying, unbelievable how expensive it all is.  And other paperwork to finalize.  I will be so glad when all this is finished.  And I sure miss my mom.  I was so used to talking to her at least once a day since April 2008.  That is a lot.

Willie you are lucky the back shots last you awhile.  For my Bill they only worked a few days.  Same with shots in his knees.  Hope you feel better for many weeks.  That Java Moss is really something isn't it?  I got rid of all mine in the great duckweed removal last month.  But kept enough in a 3 gal. Endler bowl. I have not seen a single duckweed in weeks.

Liz I started gill fluke treatment today, 3 or 4 of my baby discus have them, and I guess I was hoping they would go away on their own, but I knew they would not.  So I got med and tonight is first treatment, then 2nd will be in 48 hrs.  All are eating well now thank goodness.  I got General Cure at PetSmart.   It costs 3x what it did when I last bought it, many years ago.  But I remember it worked well then.

I have a holiday lunch tomorrow, with my garden club.  At a country club.  Have a good eve my friends.
Barb