• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 07:33:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 285
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 295
Total: 295

Foggy Monday

Started by Ron Sower, December 05, 2022, 11:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Wow!...2 days of drizzle and rain, and now foggy all over Phoenix!...I think Seattle has moved south... >:(

We had a really good Holiday meeting yesterday...it all came together nicely. White elephant gift exchange, BIG raffle, and smaller than expected auction...food was wonderful and I guess everyone went home happy...however, my plant order with my donation items for the auction were not delivered by FedEx until 30 minutes before I had to leave for the clubhouse...It was due Friday morning... >:(

Afterwards, Mike, my shrimp guy, came to the house and we discussed a strategic partnership type arrangement...I'll stock his most popular shrimp varieties and he'll stock my most popular plant varieties...he is on the west side of Phoenix and I'm on the east...and it's about an hour between us...a lot of people don't like to drive across town to buy my plants or his shrimp...

I'm heading out in a few minutes to volunteer some time with the Feed My Starving Children group...I usually take a sit-down task and affix "use by" labels on the empty bags before they get filled with dry food powders and supplements and sealed for shipping to where it's needed in the world...

Barb, hope all is well. Same for the rest of you! ...I'll check in with you later...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, you are a fine man to donate your time to feed hungry kids.  So many people are hungry, what with the state of the world now.

I've been working most of the day with Shawn.  (actually, I've been watching Shawn work)  He hooked up the free standing propane heater to my main propane supply.  He drilled a hole through the kitchen wall behind my stove into the fish room.  It involved me having to go back to the hardware store to buy a fitting since the one that came with the flexible gas hose was too big.  while I was in Ellisville getting the part he was working on connecting the big Medo air pump I got on Ebay so I could take out the 3 "antique" ones.  I thought we could take a fitting from one of the old pumps and use it in the new pump but it was too small in diameter.  I made another run to the hardware store where they found what I needed.  I wouldn't have been able to do either of those jobs myself but Shawn new exactly what to do.  I now have one air system that runs all the air outlets in the fish room rather than 3 separate systems.  The PVC airline runs in a circle around the whole fish room so that the pressure is evenly distributed.  I have bubbles galore.  And I have heat that's way less expensive than the heat that comes from my dehumidifier or my electric oil filled heater.  Do I have a kind and wonderful neighbor, or what?

I need to finish drying my bed sheets.  I couldn't do it while Shawn was working down there because my dryer vents into the fish room.   I can't wait until after WC time and horse feeding time when I can get in the bath and then put my clean naked body between my clean Egyptian cotton sheets.

That's all for me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Missing Barb and Willie today...

Liz, This is the third time I'm going to help... Since my back and feet start to hurt really bad when I stand for a long time, I take a sitting down job of fixing dated labels to the empty bags before they're filled... Works for me...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron