• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 06:00:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 285
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 285
Total: 285

Sunny Sunday

Started by Barb, December 04, 2022, 09:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi all, at least it is sunny now, and not cold.  Just a bit of wind.  I now feel like half the weight of the world is off my shoulders.  Yesterday went well, and having my kids all here helped a lot.  Had a very nice lunch downtown after the funeral.  The day before I had to have one of my 4 girl cats put down.  She is now spending eternity in the arms of mother earth in one of my flower gardens.

Lo and behold my daughter wants a big bowl of Endlers!!!!  Totally unexpected.  She saw my 3 gal. bowl with Endlers, gravel, java moss and a few Assassins on my living room table, in front of the big window.  When she saw she could do this without filter or heater, like mine, she now wants some.  I will take her all the "fixings" for it when I visit them Dec. 17 and 18, and 2 males, 4 females, to get her started.

I sure enjoyed having their little dog here for a couple days.  Well behaved and my 3 cats just watched him running around like a nut.  I think they thought I replaced Sadie,my cat, with this little thing.  When he left they looked for him for a few min. then got back to their regular sedate lives.

You all have a good day,
Barb

Ron Sower

Good news Barb!...thanks for the update...

I ll be back to night after our club meeting is over...have a good day, gang...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's good to have you back, Barb. 

It's the third day in a row here that the temp will get above 70.  It's been even warm enough to leave a door open for my babies.  Last night I actually had to turn a fan on in the bedroom.

I've been doing so well for the past several days that I've been on a cleaning binge.  I've even mopped!  Yesterday I decided to tackle the bathroom.  I did a lot of bending and scrubbing.  I even scrubbed some of the baseboards clean.  I only managed to do half the job before I knew that it would be best to quit.

Today is another good back day but I'm tired which means I'll be in trouble with my back if I push it.  I've got the washing machine going on load number 3.  I vacuum sealed 6 servings of chili and put them in the freezer.  The pressure cooker is clean and ready for me to make some chicken stock out of some legs, as soon as I get the energy to separate them from the thighs that I'll making a Cantonese recipe from.  They need to marinate over night so today's meal will be wild caught Austrian red shrimp with lemon and drawn butter.  After several days of heavy meals like Cajun red beans and rice and Chili I'm ready for something light.

Looking forward to hearing from Willie, and Ron again later on.  Y'all take care and be happy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. Barb, It's great to hear that everything went well yesterday but I am very sorry to hear that you had to put down one of your cats. I know that her resting place will be beautiful.

It's a little cooler than yesterday when the high temp hit 60 degrees. We are currently at our high temp of 46 degrees with a moderate breeze and plenty of sunshine.

Barb it's great that your daughter is taking some of your Endlers. Pretty soon she'll have a nice size colony in her own fishbowl. I started off with 6 of them and then the population explosion came. lol Good luck to your daughter. I'm sure that she will do great.

Tomorrow I go in the get another back shot. This will probably be the last one that I will have for awhile. I wouldn't be getting this one except that I have a lot of stuff to get done this holiday season and I need to be able to move around constantly. The backs shots seem to work for me 3 to months.

Wishing you all a great evening and I'll peek in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.