• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 132
Total: 133

Green enchilada chicken soup

Started by Ron Sower, December 02, 2022, 11:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

For you, Liz!... |eat| |^|

https://pin.it/b6WKDOT

Instead of using raw chicken, we start with a Costco rotisserie chicken and shred it and add it later. Saves cooking time...Every time we serve it we get multiple compliments...!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'll be darned.  Mine is very similar but while yours is Mexican style, mine is Thai style.

Ingredients
▢2 tbsp green curry paste 40 g / 1.41 oz
▢300 g chicken 10.58 oz, sliced, breasts or thigh
▢1 eggplant sub 3 small Thai green eggplants
▢½ cup Thai basil loosely packed
▢4 baby corn fresh or canned
▢1 can coconut milk 400 ml / 14 fl oz, plus ¼ cup water to swish out remainder
▢6 Thai makrut / kaffir lime leaves whole
▢2 tbsp fish sauce
▢1 ½ tbsp palm sugar grated, sub brown sugar
▢2 tbsp vegetable oil
Optional
▢4 tbsp pea eggplants optional, only if you can source them, sub peas
▢small red chilli to garnish, sub capsicum / bell pepper
Instructions
Heat vegetable oil over low medium heat. Add green curry paste and keep stirring until fragrant, around 1 minute. Add half the coconut milk. Turn up heat and stir well until it boils and bubbles, this will help split the milk for the classic green oil on top of your curry at the end.
2 tbsp green curry paste,2 tbsp vegetable oil,1 can coconut milk
Add chicken, stir well until cooked, around 5 minutes, then add the remaining coconut milk, eggplant, optional pea eggplants and baby corn and stir occasionally. Swish coconut milk can with ¼ cup water to get the rest out and add in. Bring back to the boil until the vegetables have softened, around 5-10 minutes.
300 g chicken,1 eggplant,4 baby corn,1 can coconut milk,4 tbsp pea eggplants
Reduce heat to low and add fish sauce and palm sugar. Stir well until sugar dissolves then add Thai basil leaves and Thai makrut / kaffir lime leaves. Stir gently for a further couple of minutes, then remove from heat. Garnish with red chilli (or capsicum / bell pepper).
½ cup Thai basil,6 Thai makrut / kaffir lime leaves,2 tbsp fish sauce,1 ½ tbsp palm sugar,small red chilli
Video
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Well no chicken soup for me but today I pan to make some very special "Brownies" and I may need some afterwards.  mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Celebrating Christmas a little early Willie?
Always move forward. Never look back.