• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:08:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Pretty Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, December 01, 2022, 11:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning Mug Clubbers.  It's was 38 degrees out when I got up at 6:30 but is already in the 50's and will get up to 58 which isn't bad for December.

I got my 2 little things done yesterday.  The house is swept (except for my office which is a project of it's own, like the fish room).  I'm to have thought about doing my prep work for cooking on the grooming table, sitting down.  I'll do it that way from now on.  It's a piece of cake compared to prep on the counter, standing.

I decided to make my chili today.  I used Alton Brown's pressure cooker recipe, except I added sauteed onion and 2 Poblano peppers.  I also added a pint of squash that I froze last year.  It turns to much once it's cooked, but it's still more added veggies.  I just released the pressure and gave it a taste.  It needed more heat, for sure.  Rather than add cayenne, I added some Chinese hot chili oil.  I've used it before and the results were much better than with cayenne.  I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

My back is pretty much back to the pain level I'm used to, so I may not accomplish anything else.  I'd like to, but only if the back says it's OK.

I have 2 batches of free swimming Pitch Black Rams today chowing down on BBS, plus the batch of big babies that are ready to move to a 29.  All the Discus are happy.  They're half way through their Metro treatment after which I'll give them a light PP treatment in case they have flukes lurking.

That's it on my end.  Looking forward to hearing what you guys are up to.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and everyone. I would call this subject "Pretty Cold Thursday" here. mim We started the day with a temp of 34 degrees but with the wind blowing at 30 mph or more for most of the day. We did get to a high temp of 44F but the current temp is 38 degrees and falling.

I paid off all of my bills and then ran some errands and afterwards I played around in the fishroom. I finished up some fishroom work that I left incomplete yesterday and now I am ready to watch some TV and wind down my day.

I'll check in earlier tomorrow before my day gets busy. Have a great evening everyone.

Barb I am thinking about you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.