• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 129
Total: 130

Tornado Tuesday, maybe

Started by Barb, November 29, 2022, 06:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends.  Liz you are in the bad weather zone today, hope all goes OK with you, pets and house.  Hang on tight.  And no sitting outside in a lawn chair during the worst of it!  Here the rain arrives tomorrow.  But today looks to be nice, may take a country drive later.  Always makes me feel better especially in times of stress like I am having now.  I will be so glad when Sat. is over.  I got a call yesterday telling me that when I preplanned my parents funeral, the home didn't get me a plot at the cemetery.  A huge mistake on their part, but I found out yesterday that the preplanning guy, is very sick with CA, and he was not doing his job correctly, he is gone now.  I have sympathy for him. But he accidentally caused me a big prob.  But it is being taken care of today, hopefully.  I just need to get through today through Sat. night, then all should be fine.  Fingers crossed that is what happens.
You all have a great day, and I did read your posts from yesterday. Always do.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Barb.  I know that you're stressed and feeling glum.  Call if you want to.  I'll be thinking of you.

I'm afraid I put a hurtin' on my back yesterday.  I didn't get much of anything done in the fish room, but what I did involved climbing on the 3 step step ladder, bending and stretching.  I really need to get to the hardware store and the grocery store today, but right now, my back just isn't up to it.  I shouldn't, but I might pop another Tramadol.

We have thorms coming in this afternoon through early tomorrow morning.  The bad stull will be mostly going north of me.  I imagine that I'll be in bed right after WC so if I do blow away, I'll be asleep. We'll hit 76 later today but the skies are a sad overcast grey.  Not the slightest breeze, either.

That's in for me kiddo's.  Time to get out of my jammies and tackle a new day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Barb Liz and everyone. I had the foot doctor appointment for my second shot today and the foot now feels great. I like this doctor because he is very informative and has a great "bedside manner".

It was a great weather day earlier as we got to almost 60 degrees in the early afternoon before the clouds moved in. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow but the temp with get up to 60 degrees once again.

I've been playing around in the fishroom again but with special a emphasis on the Sterbai tank. I thought that my first spawn would be a total disaster because I lost a lot of fry but when I picked up the sponge filter in the 2.5g about 8 came out from under the filter so all is not lost.

Barb I am so sorry about the funeral home failing to secure a plot. Hopefully they come through for you like they say they will. My thoughts are with you at this time also.

Wishing you all a great night too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi gang!...

Barb, that screw-up really stinks...I'm so sorry you're having to deal with it, but I bet they'll get it straightened out for you...

You're back is not being nice to you, Liz...I hope you can get relief...I ended up taking my Vicodin today which I haven't done in a long time...I think is the SI joint on my left...

Tonight I called about 40% of the Bingo games...first time...I wasn't at all nervous because my"coach" was right there with me!...I did however commit a "FIRST" for the event...when he told me to turn off the blower, I fumbled the ball and hit the power-off switch...!!!... it took a few minutes but coach got the machine back up and running...even with that FUBAR, when I finished my stint, the players gave me a round of applause for my first time, and told me I did well!...

Hey, Willie, I was watching the discus/Altum tank this afternoon and noticed ecpxcited behavior with 2 of the Sterbai Corys...they were spawning!...I never could see where she was dropping the eggs though...anyway, I'm sure the discus and altums were picking them off immediately...so I guess I should set up a tank to spawn these guys...
BTW...when she was carrying the eggs in her ventral fins they seemed to be smaller than Panda Cory eggs...

I had the golf cart people pick up our cart today because it won't run anymore, and they replaced all 7 batteries - that was a hit in the pocket book- while they had it they went ahead and cleaned it up really well and Armoural-Ed it...when I got int to drive it into its parking spot I almost slid out of the seat to the floor!!! ;D ;D ;D...what a day I've had!... ;)

You all take it easy...hope to see you here tomorrow....happy aquariuming...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron