• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 11:43:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 135
Total: 136

Black Friday

Started by Barb, November 25, 2022, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning my  Mug friends!  I will go out for lunch but no shopping, like I used to do day after Thanksgiving.  I don't need or want a thing right now.  Holiday gifts for family and friends already gotten.  I had a stroke of bad luck, day before Turkey day, I came down with a sore throat and drippy nose and headache and chills.  So, no travel to my daughter's yesterday for her fabulous meal.  I was so disappointed and so were all of them.  But I didn't want to get other sick.  Covid test negative thank goodness and today I feel much better.  I did take a favorite country drive, ferry ride and lunch in my car at a lovely park by the water.  But all alone so to keep my germs away from others.  Last night I had a frozen turkey dinner which was fine.  Made a pumpkin pie for myself.  My daughter froze a huge plate of her fabulous meal to bring me next Friday when they come visit for the weekend for my mom's funeral.

I will try to attach a pic here later on today of her meal she worked so hard on, and the 9 guests all brought foods too.   I missed a real feast.  I  know the rest of you all had good meals yesterday and I enjoyed reading your posts from the last few days.  Will try to be here daily now.  Have a good day and upcoming weekend you all!
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb. I am so sorry that you got sick and missed the dinner with your family. It's great that they were able to freeze some food for you to enjoy next week.

I had dinner at a neighbor's house and it was great but they did not have any turkey huh which I was yearning for. Oh well, there may be some turkey breast left over in the supermarket.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

My daughter Diane's Thanksgiving table, with a guest in the pic.  Also her 20lb turkey, Willie you would have loved it.

Ron Sower

What a spread of food, Barb!...the turkey looks beautiful...it's a total shame you couldn't be there... :(. I hope you're feeling much better today...

Willie, I didn't have turkey yesterday either...Lucy had a 1.25" thick rib-eye steak and I had a keto plate with shrimp, blueberries, strawberries, toasted almonds ans broccoli...we both loved our meals...I don't know about Lucy, but this is the first ever thanksgiving that I have not had a turkey meal...also the first one I've not spent with family or very close friends...a little different this year for me....but enjoyable!...

I don't have much else to write...we don't have a clue of what we're going to do today...just winging it!...oh, last night I did set up a Sunday meeting for a kid to come get plants....

HAPP date to all of you!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Happy day after, friends.  Barb, what a beautiful table of food, and that turkey looks to be cooked to perfection.  I'm sorry you had to miss is, but happy that you are healthy today.

I missed posting yesterday because I was totally bumed out.  I'll post a link to my thread on Simply that tells why.  My Thanksgiving dinner at April and Shawn's.  Poor Shawn wasn't there because he was working off shore.  Dinner was fabulous with turkey, ham, dressing, cranberry sauce, broccoli salad, potato casserole, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, and a choice of several deserts.  I was full after the main dinner and didn't have room for desert.  The entire family including kids and dogs were there.  I was the only adoptee.

I know I didn't stay as long as I should have.  I was worried about my fish and couldn't get my mind off her.  I did get enough of everything to have a second Thanksgiving dinner today, too.

I have so much cleaning I need to do but I don't know if I'll do anything today.  I'll try to get in the mood though.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?139297-Head-Standing

Always move forward. Never look back.