• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:24:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

Really nice Wednesday

Started by LizStreithorst, November 23, 2022, 01:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  Would you  believe it?  It's 72 degrees outside  a clear sunny sky.  I'm loving it!!!!

I took the Peamite to BJ's have her carbon cartridge replaced and saw an old friend who used to work across the street for Chip.  We had a nice hug.  He'd just been telling BJ about the coffee cup I gave Chip.  It said, "I told you I'd get it done.  You don't have to remind me every 6 months."  It was wonderful seeing an old buddy again.   The fish paid.

Then I went to the Dollar Store and bought $80. worth of stuff, mostly what I needed, bit a couple of nice throw rugs that I'd been wanting and had not yet bought.  The paid for that, too.  They're almost out of money now, but they've been very good to me, God bless them.

It has taken a week and a half but the fish room is almost as clean as I can make it.  I still need to Swiffer dust the walls.  It would be too hard on my back to wash them.  Too much climbing and bending over...I'll have to settle for an unwashed but vacuumed floor, as well.  I'll  to tackle the house next, but I'm not looking forward to it.  As Brian said, my fishroom is the show piece of the house.  The rewards of a clean fish room are greater to me than the rewards I get from a clean house.  Besides, what with my back being what it is, it will take 6 weeks to get it really clean.

Well, the fish have had lunch and the horse has had lunch.  It's time for me to have lunch.  I hope that all of you are as happy as I am today.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and everyone. It was a very nice day here with the temp getting up to 60 degrees with plenty of sunshine and very little wind. I've been running errands and playing in the fishroom most of the day.

I had a couple of tanks that I needed to deep clean. They were small tanks and I took all of the fish out of them and gave them a good scrubbing. When I finished the scrubbing I refilled the newly cleaned tanks with 75% new water and 25% old water and the fish look very happy.

Now I am relaxing and getting ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow at my neighbor's house. I'm bringing the ice and beer and I have a bottle of Tequila if needed in the fridge. I could make some special brownies but we'll see. I can aalso make them sometime between now and Christmas.

That's it for me. I hope that you all have a great evening.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Well...I see that this morning I wrote my today's piece on Tuesday's thread...oops!

Anyway, had a good afternoon...

Happy thanksgiving...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron