• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Cold and Sunny Tuesday Morning

Started by wsantia1, November 22, 2022, 06:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is currently a sub-freezing 27 degrees here this morning. The sun is out so we will begin warming up to a high temp of 54 degrees this afternoon. This weather pattern will stay with us through Thanksgiving with rain expected on Black Friday.

I had a couple of options for Thanksgiving this year and I decided to do the local one which is at my neighbor's house 2 doors down from me. All I have to bring is ice and beer. I can do that. |^| My other option was to go to my daughter's house in NYC but since I will be going there for Christmas I felt it was in my best interest to pass on that this year.

Another day of fishroom work. My Sterbai cory eggs are still translucent and there is not a white one in the group of 17 eggs. These eggs are a little larger than Angel or Ram eggs so it is easier for me to see what's going on. They are supposed to take 4 days to hatch. I've been looking for more eggs in the cory tank but nothing yet. Maybe a cold water change will give me some more.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie and the others later on.  You have it colder than i do here.  It even got up to 60 something today and was sunny.  I think the low will be in the 40's for the next several days.  Good idea to eat your big meal on Thurs. at the neighbors.  And save the drive for next month to NYC.  I will be driving 3 hrs Thurs. to get to my daughters and then spend the night there, home on Friday.

Good luck with those cory eggs.  It has been decades since I had any type of cory, my tank ph has always been way too high for them. Remember the Panda Cories?  They were soooo cute.  Are they still around?  I used to like the pink ones, how about them?  My young discus from Liz are doing great, except for 1 that won't eat, that I know of.

Have a good night,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, I suggest you crank the temp in their tank to 90 for a couple of weeks.  Shipping, especially a stressful shipping experience often brings out the hex that's always lingering to a small extent in all Discus.  These  are just babies.  Their immune system is not as strong as the immune system of older Discus.

I've had a lovely day although I haven't done much.  It actually got into the mid 60's.  I was able to keep the front door open so my kiddo's could come and go as they pleased.  Even Chicken Chicken (what I've been calling her) went outside for the day without having to be urged (threatened with a drywall square).

The Propane truck came around early.  this morning.  I was delighted that it only cost $300. to fill my tank from 15% to full.  This is the peak season for them.  Propane is always much more expensive this time of year.  Then I dicked around with airlines.  Seems you always have to move air lines around when you get a new air pump.  Then moved my "also ran" Discus pair to a 29 and the pair that the lady in New Orleans say's she'll come for next week into another, then I made a beer/nicotine run.  This afternoon I wiped down some tanks,  and took a razor blade to the algae growing on the sides of some old scratched up tanks and once all the crap settled to the bottom, sucked it out with a big fine WC.  I don't know if the fish even care, but it makes me feel good when I look at them.  My fishroom is almost clean enough for me to be proud of...Almost clean enough for me to want to sleep down there and listen to the bubbles as I drift into the arms of Morpheus.  I may be old and bent.  I may hobble around in the evening.  But I'm happy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello friends in Mugville!...we got to Sedona with no drama...it was only a 2hr and 16min drive but we stopped for25 minutes to eat some chicken salad sandwiches I'd made and stretch our legs and give my back a break...temp was 60 when we arrived and dropping now to later at 37!...

Looks like you got the good Thanksgiving deal, Willie...ice and beer...what could be wrong with that? :D
Three hour drive isn't too bad if you're not compelled to return the same day, Barb...I used to do 3 hour turnarounds in my younger days but won't attempt it now... I'm happy you'll be with your nearby friends tomorrow, Liz... so we're probably all going to have a pretty nice day tomorrow...I look forward to catching some of the parades and maybe some football then dinner at the restaurant...

When we got here and we're waiting on the room, while we were in town, Lucy went to a Chico store she likes and bought some clothes....I sat in the men's waiting area viewing the red mountains thru the large window and sent a pic of the view to a fish pal that lives up here and said "Guess where I am!"...we ended up meeting him for a nice chat nearby...that was fun...his name is Ron!...his wife has recently had her gall bladder removed...he showed us pics of his cavapoo puppie they just got...cute little thing...

I think I'll go for a walk now and catch the red mountains during sunset...

Happy aquariuming...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron